Media and Announcers
For the first time in team history, all 82 games plus playoffs were broadcast in high definition on television during the 2008–09 season. At least 20 of which were on WGN-TV (Channel 9), the first time the Blackhawks have been seen on local over-the-air television in 30 years. Games produced by WGN-TV through its WGN Sports department are not available in its superstation feed WGN America due to broadcast rights restrictions imposed by the National Hockey League. Other games not broadcast by WGN-TV are aired on regional sports network Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
On February 15, 2011, it was announced that the team had renewed their broadcast contract with WGN-TV for the next five years starting in the 2011–12 NHL season. For the last eight seasons, the team's radio affiliate was WSCR (670 AM). On April 30, 2008, the team signed a three-year deal with WGN Radio (720 AM), with games airing alternately instead on WIND (560 AM) in scheduling conflict situations during the baseball season due to the Cubs having contractual preference to air on WGN. During the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals, the Cubs agreed to allow the Blackhawks games to be broadcast on WGN and have the Cubs revert to WIND when there was a conflict. This allowed the Finals games to be heard over a larger area due to WGN's clear-channel signal. All Blackhawk games also air via online streaming on wgnradio.com, regardless of whether the games are on WGN or WIND.
- Pat Foley – TV play-by-play
- Eddie Olczyk – Lead TV analyst for NBC & TV analyst for Blackhawks
- John Wiedeman – Radio play-by-play
- Troy Murray – Radio analyst
- Gene Honda – Public address
- Steve Konroyd – Co-Host of Intermission, pre-game & post-game reports, Back-up TV analyst
- Chris Boden – Host of Intermission, pre-game & post-game reports for games on CSN Chicago
- Dan Roan – Host of Intermission, pre-game & post-game reports for games on WGN
- Denis Savard – Back-up Co-Host of Intermission, pre-game & post-game reports for games on CSN Chicago
- Judd Sirott – Host of Intermission, pre-game & post-game reports for games on WGN Radio
Read more about this topic: Chicago Blackhawks