Agency may refer to:
- Agency (country subdivision)
- Agency (grammar), the cause or initiator of an event.
- Agency (law), refers to a person who acts on behalf of another person.
- Agency (LDS Church)
- Agency (philosophy), relating to action theory (philosophy).
- Agency (sociology), the ability of social actors to make independent choices.
- Advertising agency, a service business dedicated to creating, planning and handling advertising for its clients.
- Employment agency, a business that serves as a representative, acting on behalf of another.
- Free agency, the availability status of a rostered player on a team or franchise who is a free agent.
- Government agency, a department of a local or national government responsible for the oversight and administration of a specific function.
- International agency, an inter-governmental body.
- News agency.
- Moral agency, capacity for making moral judgments.
- Structure and agency, ability of an actor to organize future situations and resource distribution.
- Agency (film), a 1980 film starring Lee Majors.
- bond (finance), a debt security, in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), colloquially called "the Agency"
Read more about Agency: Places
Famous quotes containing the word agency:
“It is possible that the telephone has been responsible for more business inefficiency than any other agency except laudanum.... In the old days when you wanted to get in touch with a man you wrote a note, sprinkled it with sand, and gave it to a man on horseback. It probably was delivered within half an hour, depending on how big a lunch the horse had had. But in these busy days of rush-rush-rush, it is sometimes a week before you can catch your man on the telephone.”
—Robert Benchley (18891945)