- On February 22, Ray Allen broke the team record for consecutive free-throws made with 72, eclipsing the previous mark of 71 by Larry Bird.
- With 7 blocks against the Milwaukee Bucks on November 7, Kendrick Perkins had the most blocks in a game by a Celtics player since Kevin McHale had 8 on January 9, 1987.
- With 22 points in the fourth quarter against the Toronto Raptors on November 10, Paul Pierce had the most points in a quarter by a Celtics player since Todd Day had 24 in 1995.
- Head coach Doc Rivers became the third coach in NBA history to win the Coach of the Month award for three straight months, joining Flip Saunders (2005–06) and Larry Brown (2002–03).
- Rajon Rondo had the first triple-double by a Celtics player since Paul Pierce accomplished it on February 2, 2005, in a win against the Indiana Pacers on December 3.
- With 19 straight wins, the Celtics recorded the longest winning streak in franchise history with a win against the Philadelphia 76ers on December 23, breaking the previous record of 18 straight wins held by the 1981–82 Celtics, and matched the fourth longest winning streak in NBA history.
- With a 27–2 season start, the Celtics were off to the best opening in franchise history and NBA history.
- The Celtics matched their 6th biggest win in franchise history with a 108-63 blowout victory over the Sacramento Kings on December 28, 2008.
- The Celtics lost four games in a row for the first time since acquiring Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.
- The Celtics recorded the most points in overtime (22) in franchise history, breaking the previous record of 21 set on January 2, 1963 against the San Francisco Warriors.
Famous quotes containing the word records:
“Better the rudest work that tells a story or records a fact, than the richest without meaning.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)
“My confessions are shameless. I confess, but do not repent. The fact is, my confessions are prompted, not by ethical motives, but intellectual. The confessions are to me the interesting records of a self-investigator.”
—W.N.P. Barbellion (18891919)
“Its always the generals with the bloodiest records who are the first to shout what a hell it is. And its always the war widows who lead the Memorial Day parades.”
—Paddy Chayefsky (19231981)