Some articles on superior:
... westward at Red Cliff and follows the shore of Lake Superior, passing through Cornucopia, Herbster, and Port Wing, before entering Douglas County ... The highway ends at US 2 and US 53 southeast of Superior ...
... Wisconsin Augustine Francis Schinner, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Superior and Roman Catholic Diocese of Spokane Lewis B ...
... originally written for the BBC Micro and Acorn Electron home computers, published by Superior Software in 1989 ... released in an updated form for Microsoft Windows in 2005 by Superior Interactive ... While the game shares many elements made popular in earlier Superior arcade adventures such as Citadel, it has a unique feel due to the movement of the main character ...
... to Tower Avenue in Superior, Wisc ... Highway 105 is 4.72 miles (7.60 km) in length and passes through Oliver, Town of Superior, and the city of Superior ... Highway 105 serves as an east–west arterial route between the city of Superior, Oliver, and the Gary-New Duluth neighborhood of Duluth ...
... highly specialized for this process, and some of these specializations appear in the superior colliculus ... Thus, there is a strong case that the superior colliculus performs the same sorts of functions for the auditory-guided behaviors of bats that it performs for the visual-guided behaviors of other species ... The visual receptive fields of neurons in the superior colliculus in these animals form a precise map of the retina, similar to that found in cats and primates ...
More definitions of "Superior":
- (noun): A character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character.
- (noun): The head of a religious community.
- (adj): Having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit.
Example: "Mars and Jupiter are the closest in of the superior planets"
- (adj): Written or printed above and to one side of another character.
- (noun): The largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes.
Synonyms: Lake Superior
- (adj): Of high or superior quality or performance.
Example: "Superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"
- (adj): (often followed by 'to') above being affected or influenced by.
Example: "He is superior to fear"; "an ignited firework proceeds superior to circumstances until its blazing vitality fades"
- (adj): (sometimes followed by 'to') not subject to or influenced by.
Example: "Overcome by a superior opponent"; "trust magnates who felt themselves superior to law"
- (adj): Of or characteristic of high rank or importance.
Example: "A superior officer"
- (noun): A town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth.
Famous quotes containing the word superior:
“A superior person brings out the best in others.”
“But dont despise error. When touched by genius, when led by chance, the most superior truth can come into being from even the most foolish error. The important inventions which have been brought about in every realm of science from false hypotheses number in the hundreds, indeed in the thousands.”
—Stefan Zweig (18811942)
“The burden of being black is that you have to be superior just to be equal. But the glory of it is that, once you achieve, you have achieved, indeed.”
—Jesse Jackson (b. 1941)