Side (Greek: Σίδη Side, Turkish: Side) was an ancient Greek city in Anatolia, in the region of Pamphylia, in what is now Antalya province, on the southern Mediterranean coast of Turkey. It is now a resort town and one of the best-known classical sites in Turkey, near Manavgat and the village of Selimiye, 75 km from Antalya) in the province of Antalya.
Read more about Side.
Some articles on side:
... and the 30-minute suite "The Ikon", which occupied the whole of Side 2 of the album ... clocking in at over 30 minutes per side ... Kids" (from Todd) and covers of "Something's Coming" (from "West Side Story") and "Do Ya" by The Move ...
... Quazepam has fewer side effects than other benzodiazepines and less potential to induce tolerance and rebound effects ... The different side effect profile of quazepam may be due to its more selective binding profile to type1 benzodiazepine receptors ...
... and is often initiated in patients with large tumors, this is a dangerous side-effect that can lead to death if left untreated ... Less common side-effects include red skin (erythema), dry skin, damaged fingernails, a dry mouth (xerostomia), water retention, and sexual impotence ...
... Common side effects of modafinil include Back pain Headache Nausea Feeling nervous Stuffy nose Diarrhea Feeling anxious Dizziness Upset stomach Trouble ...
... Important side effects of therapeutic amphetamine include stunted growth in young people and occasionally a psychosis can occur at therapeutic doses during chronic ... When abused at high doses the risk of experiencing side effects and their severity increases ...
More definitions of "side":
- (noun): Either the left or right half of a body.
Example: "He had a pain in his side"
- (noun): An elevated geological formation.
Example: "The house was built on the side of the mountain"
Synonyms: slope, incline
- (noun): A surface forming part of the outside of an object.
- (verb): Take sides with; align oneself with; show strong sympathy for.
Example: "Are you siding with the defender of the title?"
Synonyms: pull, root
- (noun): A family line of descent.
Example: "He gets his brains from his father's side"
- (noun): A lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food.
Synonyms: side of meat
- (noun): (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist.
- (noun): A line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure.
Example: "The hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side"
- (noun): An extended outer surface of an object.
Example: "He turned the box over to examine the bottom side"; "they painted all four sides of the house"
- (adj): Added as a consequence or supplement.
Example: "A side benefit"
- (adj): Located on a side.
Example: "Side fences"; "the side porch"
- (noun): A place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location.
Example: "They always sat on the right side of the church"; "he never left my side"
- (verb): Take the side of; be on the side of.
Example: "Whose side are you on?"
Synonyms: go with
- (noun): An aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect).
Example: "He was on the heavy side"; "he is on the purchasing side of the business"; "it brought out his better side"
- (noun): An opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute.
Famous quotes containing the word side:
“The very notion of tabu is one of the rightest notions in the world. Better any old tabu than none, for a man cannot be said to be on the side of the stars at all, unless he makes refusals.”
—Katharine Fullerton Gerould (18791944)
“The gingham dog and the calico cat
Side by side on the table sat;”
—Eugene Field (18501895)
“Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other.... Society acquires new arts, and loses old instincts.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)