Some articles on process:
... In animals, the process involves the fusion of an ovum with a sperm, which eventually leads to the development of an embryo ... Depending on the animal species, the process can occur within the body of the female in internal fertilisation, or outside (external fertilisation) ... The entire process of development of new individuals is called reproduction ...
... Becker and associates using the LIGA process and the vortex tube separation process ... Corporation of South Africa (UCOR) developed and deployed the Helikon vortex separation process based on the vortex tube and a demonstration plant was built in Brazil by NUCLEI ...
... and especially medicine seem to make liberal use of ideas in process philosophy, notably the theory of pain and healing of the late 20th century ... of similar but independent cognitive apparatus, led to an obsession with the process "embodiment", that being, the emergence of these cognitions ... Since 2000, Process Psychology has progressed as an independent academic and therapeutic discipline ...
... has many other uses Electrometallurgy is the process of reduction of metals from metallic compounds to obtain the pure form of metal using electrolysis ... (Water is produced at the same time.) Anodization is an electrolytic process that makes the surface of metals resistant to corrosion ... For example, ships are saved from being corroded by oxygen in the water by this process ...
... Quantum process tomography (QPT) deals with identifying an unknown quantum dynamical process ... introduced in 1997 and sometimes known as standard quantum process tomography (SQPT) involves preparing an ensemble of quantum states and sending them through ... Other techniques include ancilla-assisted process tomography (AAPT) and entanglement-assisted process tomography (EAPT) which require an extra copy of the system ...
More definitions of "process":
- (noun): (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents.
Example: "The process of thinking"
Synonyms: cognitive process, mental process, operation, cognitive operation
- (noun): A mental process that you are not directly aware of.
Example: "The process of denial"
Synonyms: unconscious process
- (verb): Institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against.
Example: "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"
Synonyms: action, sue, litigate
- (verb): March in a procession.
- (noun): A particular course of action intended to achieve a result.
Example: "It was a process of trial and error"
- (noun): A writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant.
- (verb): Subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition.
Example: "Process cheese"; "process hair"
- (verb): Perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information.
Example: "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
- (verb): Deal with in a routine way.
Example: "I'll handle that one"; "process a loan"; "process the applicants"
Famous quotes containing the word process:
“A process of genocide is being carried out before the eyes of the world.”
—Pope John Paul II (b. 1920)
“To me, the whole process of being a brushstroke in someone elses painting is a little difficult.”
—Madonna [Madonna Louise Ciccione] (b. 1959)
“... in the working class, the process of building a family, of making a living for it, of nurturing and maintaining the individuals in it costs worlds of pain.”
—Lillian Breslow Rubin (b. 1924)