Some articles on good:
... Description Aerie Kath Soucie Avariel Cleric/Mage 1 !Lawful Good Aerie lived in Faenya-Dail until she was captured by slavers and sold to the circus, where she was kept in a cage ... Imoen Melissa Disney Human Thief/Mage 2 !Neutral Good Troubled by torture inflicted upon her by the main antagonist Irenicus, Imoen loses some of her zeal ... Jackson Human Inquisitor 1 !Lawful Good Keldorn Firecam is a dedicated paladin of Torm and the superior of Ajantis ...
More definitions of "good":
- (adj): Capable of pleasing.
Example: "Good looks"
- (adj): Thorough.
Example: "Had a good workout"; "gave the house a good cleaning"
- (adj): Most suitable or right for a particular purpose.
Example: "A good time to plant tomatoes"
Synonyms: right, ripe
- (adj): Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
Example: "A good mechanic"
Synonyms: adept, expert, practiced, proficient, skillful, skilful
- (adj): Not forged.
Example: "A good dollar bill"
- (adj): In excellent physical condition.
Example: "Good teeth"; "I still have one good leg"
- (adj): Promoting or enhancing well-being.
Example: "The experience was good for her"
- (adj): Agreeable or pleasing.
Example: "We all had a good time"; "good manners"
- (adj): Resulting favorably.
Example: "Its a good thing that I wasn't there"; "it is good that you stayed"
- (adj): Tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health.
Example: "A good night's sleep"
Synonyms: beneficial, salutary
- (adj): Having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others.
- (adj): Morally admirable.
- (adj): Having the normally expected amount.
Example: "Gives good measure"; "a good mile from here"
- (noun): Benefit.
Example: "For your own good"; "what's the good of worrying?"
- (adv): (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard ('good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for 'well').
Example: "The baby can walk pretty good"
- (adj): Superior to the average.
Example: "Made good grades"; "morale was good"; "had good weather for the parade"
- (adj): Exerting force or influence.
Example: "A warranty good for two years"
Synonyms: effective, in effect, in force
- (adj): Generally admired.
Example: "Good taste"
- (adj): Deserving of esteem and respect.
Example: "Ruined the family's good name"
Synonyms: estimable, honorable, respectable
- (adj): Feeling healthy and free of aches and pains.
Example: "I feel good"
- (adj): Appealing to the mind.
Example: "Good music"
- (noun): Moral excellence or admirableness.
Example: "There is much good to be found in people"
- (adj): Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified.
Example: "Good news from the hospital"; "a good report card"; "when she was good she was very very good"; "a good knife is one good for cutting"; "this stump will make a good picnic table"; "a good check"; "a good joke"; "a good exterior paint"; "a good secretary"; "a good dress for the office"
- (noun): That which is good or valuable or useful.
Example: "Weigh the good against the bad"
Famous quotes containing the word good:
“There is not any present moment that is unconnected with some future one. The life of every man is a continued chain of incidents, each link of which hangs upon the former. The transition from cause to effect, from event to event, is often carried on by secret steps, which our foresight cannot divine, and our sagacity is unable to trace. Evil may at some future period bring forth good; and good may bring forth evil, both equally unexpected.”
—Joseph Addison (16721719)
“Our wedding day, twenty years ago! A happy day. Darling is handsomer than she was then, with a glorious flow of friendly feeling and cheerfulness, genuine womanly character, a most affectionate mother, a good, good wife. How I love her! What a lucky man I was and am!”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)