More definitions of "direction":
- (noun): A message describing how something is to be done.
- (noun): The act of managing something.
Example: "Is the direction of the economy a function of government?"
- (noun): A general course along which something has a tendency to develop.
Example: "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"; "his ideals determined the direction of his career"; "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
- (noun): Something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action.
Synonyms: guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling
- (noun): The act of setting and holding a course.
Example: "A new council was installed under the direction of the king"
Synonyms: steering, guidance
- (noun): The spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves.
Example: "He checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- (noun): A line leading to a place or point.
Example: "He looked the other direction"
Famous quotes containing the word direction:
“She saw she had fallen into the hands of one of those doctors who have strayed too far from aperients in the direction of the soul.”
—Rebecca West (18921983)