Some articles on center:
... Rooms Recreational/Sports/Clubs Faculty Room Library Soccer Field Science Center COOP/Canteen Covered Basketball Court Math Center Computer Labs 2 ... Table Tennis Room ...
... Likewise, the Center for Secure Information Systems is designated as a Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) as well as a Center of Academic Excellence in Research (CAE-R) in Information Assurance ... Mason's Center for History and New Media attracts more than one million visitors to its websites every month ... Mason's Center for Global Education's study abroad program has been rated highly offering dozens of programs ranging from one-week spring break programs to full ...
... The town features a hospital, primary and secondary school, university, sports center with a swimming pool, library, culture center, cinema, bus transport, hotels, a bank, and several museums ... The village features facilities such as a school, library, sports center, community center, swimming pool, farm and greenhouse ...
... Capacity Austin Peay Governors Stadium 10,000 Dunn Center 9,000 Raymond C ... Belmont Non-football school Curb Event Center 5,085 E ... Sonny" Allen Field 1,200 Murray State Roy Stewart Stadium 16,800 CFSB Center 8,825 Johnny Reagan Field Southeast Missouri State Houck Stadium 11,015 Show Me ...
... Olympia is a regional center for fine arts ... five regular season concerts at The Washington Center and two pop concerts ... The Washington Center for the Performing Arts also presents visual art exhibitions throughout the season in the spacious lobby areas ...
More definitions of "center":
- (noun): The sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering.
- (noun): The object upon which interest and attention focuses.
Example: "His stories made him the center of the party"
Synonyms: center of attention
- (noun): A building dedicated to a particular activity.
Example: "They were raising money to build a new center for research"
- (noun): (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback.
Example: "The center fumbled the handoff"
- (noun): A place where some particular activity is concentrated.
- (noun): A point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure.
Synonyms: centre, midpoint
- (noun): The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience.
Synonyms: kernel, substance, core, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- (noun): A position on a basketball team of the player who participates in the center jump to start the game.
- (noun): A cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process.
Example: "In most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
Synonyms: centre, nerve center, nerve centre
- (noun): (basketball) the person who plays center on a basketball team.
- (noun): The piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher.
Example: "He hit the ball to deep center"
Synonyms: center field
- (noun): The position on a hockey team of the player who participates in the face off at the beginning of the game.
- (noun): Mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace.
Synonyms: plaza, mall, shopping mall, shopping center, shopping centre
- (noun): The middle of a military or naval formation.
Example: "They had to reinforce the center"
- (verb): Move into the center.
- (adj): Of or belonging to neither the right nor the left politically or intellectually.
- (noun): Politically moderate persons; centrists.
- (noun): An area that is approximately central within some larger region.
Example: "It is in the center of town"
Synonyms: centre, middle, heart, eye
- (noun): (ice hockey) the person who plays center on a hockey team.
Famous quotes containing the word center:
“Thine age asks ease, and since thy duties be
To warm the world, thats done in warming us.
Shine here to us, and thou art everywhere;
This bed thy center is, these walls, thy sphere.”
—John Donne (15721631)
“I think that New York is not the cultural center of America, but the business and administrative center of American culture.”
—Saul Bellow (b. 1915)
“I dont think Americas the center of the world anymore. I think African women will lead the way [in] ... womens liberation ... The African woman, shes got a country, shes got the flag, shes got her own army, got the navy. She doesnt have a racism problem. Shes not afraid that if she speaks up, her man will say goodbye to her.”
—Faith Ringgold (b. 1934)