Water Shrew may refer to any of several species of semi-aquatic red-toothed shrews:
- Asiatic water shrews (Chimarrogale spp.)
- Elegant Water Shrew (N. elegans)
- Mediterranean Water Shrew (N. anomalus)
- Eurasian Water Shrew (N. fodiens)
- Transcaucasian Water Shrew (N. teres)
- Glacier Bay Water Shrew (S. alaskanus)
- American Water Shrew (S. palustris)
- Pacific Water Shrew or Marsh Shrew (S. bendirii)
Other articles related to "shrews, shrew, water shrew":
... Paracrocidura is a genus of shrews ... The vernacular name large-headed shrews is sometimes collectively applied to the genus, but has also been applied to the species Crocidura grandiceps ... The genus contains the following species Grauer's Large-headed Shrew (Paracrocidura graueri) Greater Large-headed Shrew (Paracrocidura maxima) Lesser Large-headed Shrew (Paracrocidura schoutedeni ...
... The Japanese water shrew (Chimarrogale platycephalus), also called the flat-headed water shrew, is a species of mammal in the Soricidae family ...
... Soricidae subfamily Crocidurinae Crocidura (White-toothed shrews) Cyrenaica Shrew (C ... aleksandrisi) East African Highland Shrew (C ... allex) Andaman Shrew (C ...
Famous quotes containing the word water:
“Before the land rose out of the ocean, and became dry land, chaos reigned; and between high and low water mark, where she is partially disrobed and rising, a sort of chaos reigns still, which only anomalous creatures can inhabit.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)