Ultimate(s), penultimate or antepenultimate may refer to:
- Ultimate (sport), a team disc sport
- Ultimate (roller coaster), at Lightwater Valley amusement park near Ripon, North Yorkshire, England
- The Ultimate (philosophy) or absolute, the concept of an unconditional reality in metaphysics or theology
- Ultimates, a fictional superhero group in the Marvel Comics universe
- The Ultimates (comic book), a comics series featuring the Marvel group
- Ultimate Play the Game or just Ultimate, a video game developer
- Windows Vista Ultimate, a marketing edition of Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Ultimate, a marketing edition of Windows 7
- The last, second to last, and third to last items in a sequence.
Other articles related to "ultimate":
... Typically for an Ultimate release, the inlay card provides little actual instruction for playing the game, but includes a cryptic short story as an introduction ... be yours." ” —Pentagram documentation, Ultimate Play The Game, 1986 This was Ultimate's way of describing the object of the game, which is to recover the ...
... He was featured on The Ultimate Fighter 4 ... record is 0–3, losing matches to Rich Franklin at UFC 44 by TKO, Chris Leben at UFC Ultimate Fight Night 2 by armbar, and Jorge Rivera at The Ultimate Fighter 4 finale by TKO ...
... Dark Star is a club Ultimate team from Eugene, Oregon ... One of the oldest club Ultimate teams in existence, DarkStar's intensity was integral in piloting the tradition of Ultimate's perennially strong Northwest region ...
... In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Proteus is named David Xavier and is the son of Moira MacTaggert and her ex-husband Professor X (Charles Xavier) ... vendetta, he is found to be inside the Ultimate version of Psylocke ...
... In his quarter-final matchup on The Ultimate Fighter 4, Dewees dominated his first round against Gideon Ray, getting a take down and staying at guard for much of the round ... This fight was perhaps the bloodiest battle ever witnessed on The Ultimate Fighter ... Dewees was featured on the undercard of The Ultimate Finale 4, where he lost to Jorge Rivera by first-round technical knockout ...
Famous quotes containing the word ultimate:
“Even though fathers, grandparents, siblings, memories of ancestors are important agents of socialization, our society focuses on the attributes and characteristics of mothers and teachers and gives them the ultimate responsibility for the childs life chances.”
—Sara Lawrence Lightfoot (20th century)
“As a novelist, I cannot occupy myself with characters, or at any rate central ones, who lack panache, in one or another sense, who would be incapable of a major action or a major passion, or who have not a touch of the ambiguity, the ultimate unaccountability, the enlarging mistiness of persons in history. History, as more austerely I now know it, is not romantic. But I am.”
—Elizabeth Bowen (18991973)
“We need God, not in order to understand the why, but in order to feel and sustain the ultimate wherefore, to give a meaning to the universe.”
—Miguel de Unamuno (18641936)