Ultimate(s), penultimate or antepenultimate may refer to:
- Ultimate (sport), a team disc sport
- Ultimate (roller coaster), at Lightwater Valley amusement park near Ripon, North Yorkshire, England
- The Ultimate (philosophy) or absolute, the concept of an unconditional reality in metaphysics or theology
- Ultimates, a fictional superhero group in the Marvel Comics universe
- The Ultimates (comic book), a comics series featuring the Marvel group
- Ultimate Play the Game or just Ultimate, a video game developer
- Windows Vista Ultimate, a marketing edition of Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Ultimate, a marketing edition of Windows 7
- The last, second to last, and third to last items in a sequence.
Other articles related to "ultimate":
... Typically for an Ultimate release, the inlay card provides little actual instruction for playing the game, but includes a cryptic short story as an ... be yours." ” —Pentagram documentation, Ultimate Play The Game, 1986 This was Ultimate's way of describing the object of the game, which is to recover the lost Pentagram, an ...
... Dark Star is a club Ultimate team from Eugene, Oregon ... One of the oldest club Ultimate teams in existence, DarkStar's intensity was integral in piloting the tradition of Ultimate's perennially strong Northwest region ...
... He was featured on The Ultimate Fighter 4 ... is 0–3, losing matches to Rich Franklin at UFC 44 by TKO, Chris Leben at UFC Ultimate Fight Night 2 by armbar, and Jorge Rivera at The Ultimate Fighter 4 finale by TKO ...
... In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Proteus is named David Xavier and is the son of Moira MacTaggert and her ex-husband Professor X (Charles Xavier) ... David can finish his deadly vendetta, he is found to be inside the Ultimate version of Psylocke ...
... In his quarter-final matchup on The Ultimate Fighter 4, Dewees dominated his first round against Gideon Ray, getting a take down and staying at guard for much of the round ... Dewees was featured on the undercard of The Ultimate Finale 4, where he lost to Jorge Rivera by first-round technical knockout ...
Famous quotes containing the word ultimate:
“We need God, not in order to understand the why, but in order to feel and sustain the ultimate wherefore, to give a meaning to the universe.”
—Miguel de Unamuno (18641936)
“We must choose. Be a child of the past with all its crudities and imperfections, its failures and defeats, or a child of the future, the future of symmetry and ultimate success.”
—Frances E. Willard 18391898, U.S. president of the Womens Christian Temperance Union 1879-1891, author, activist. The Womans Magazine, pp. 137-40 (January 1887)
“Most women of [the WW II] generation have but one image of good motherhoodthe one their mothers embodied. . . . Anything done for the sake of the children justified, even ennobled the mothers role. Motherhood was tantamount to martyrdom during that unique era when children were gods. Those who appeared to put their own needs first were castigated and shunnedthe ultimate damnation for a gender trained to be wholly dependent on the acceptance and praise of others.”
—Melinda M. Marshall (20th century)