Ultimate(s), penultimate or antepenultimate may refer to:
- Ultimate (sport), a team disc sport
- Ultimate (roller coaster), at Lightwater Valley amusement park near Ripon, North Yorkshire, England
- The Ultimate (philosophy) or absolute, the concept of an unconditional reality in metaphysics or theology
- Ultimates, a fictional superhero group in the Marvel Comics universe
- The Ultimates (comic book), a comics series featuring the Marvel group
- Ultimate Play the Game or just Ultimate, a video game developer
- Windows Vista Ultimate, a marketing edition of Windows Vista
- Windows 7 Ultimate, a marketing edition of Windows 7
- The last, second to last, and third to last items in a sequence.
Other articles related to "ultimate":
... In the Ultimate Marvel universe, Proteus is named David Xavier and is the son of Moira MacTaggert and her ex-husband Professor X (Charles Xavier) ... David can finish his deadly vendetta, he is found to be inside the Ultimate version of Psylocke ...
... Dark Star is a club Ultimate team from Eugene, Oregon ... One of the oldest club Ultimate teams in existence, DarkStar's intensity was integral in piloting the tradition of Ultimate's perennially strong Northwest region ...
... He was featured on The Ultimate Fighter 4 ... official UFC record is 0–3, losing matches to Rich Franklin at UFC 44 by TKO, Chris Leben at UFC Ultimate Fight Night 2 by armbar, and Jorge Rivera at The Ultimate Fighter 4 finale by TKO ...
... In his quarter-final matchup on The Ultimate Fighter 4, Dewees dominated his first round against Gideon Ray, getting a take down and staying at guard for much of the round ... Dewees was featured on the undercard of The Ultimate Finale 4, where he lost to Jorge Rivera by first-round technical knockout ...
... Typically for an Ultimate release, the inlay card provides little actual instruction for playing the game, but includes a cryptic short story as an introduction ... find without aid and the PENTAGRAM will be yours." ” —Pentagram documentation, Ultimate Play The Game, 1986 This was Ultimate's way of describing the object of the game, which is to recover ...
Famous quotes containing the word ultimate:
“If you complain of people being shot down in the streets, of the absence of communication or social responsibility, of the rise of everyday violence which people have become accustomed to, and the dehumanization of feelings, then the ultimate development on an organized social level is the concentration camp.... The concentration camp is the final expression of human separateness and its ultimate consequence. It is organized abandonment.”
—Arthur Miller (b. 1915)
“One perceives that again and again she has destroyed her life when it was forming into shapes of happiness because of her loyalty to the early misery, her conviction that that has the sanction of ultimate reality, and that beside it all other things are trivial.”
—Rebecca West (18921983)
“If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reasonfor then we would know the mind of God.”
—Stephen Hawking (b. 1942)