Some articles on stone:
... Zero Mile Stone Marathi शून्य मैलाचा दगड is a monument locating the geographical center of India in the city of Nagpur, Maharashtra.The Zero Mile ...
... Stone Temple Pilots developed a fan base in San Diego clubs in order to steer clear of the Los Angeles corporate music scene and build up their technique ... In 1992, Stone Temple Pilots signed with Atlantic Records ... Despite hostile reviews from critics, Stone Temple Pilots continued to gain fans ...
... Isidor Feinstein Stone (December 24, 1907 – June 18, 1989 born Isidor Feinstein, better known as I ... Stone and Izzy Stone) was an American investigative journalist and author ... Stone's Weekly, which was ranked 16th in a poll of his fellow journalists of "The Top 100 Works of Journalism in the United States in the 20th Century" ...
... in brick with ashlar dressings and a stone slate roof, in two storeys and three bays ... A table tomb over the grave consists of an inscribed stone slab on a brick plinth ... Adjacent to it is another inscribed stone slab, dating from the 19th century ...
... In 2008, Hamilton's book, The Taking of the Stone of Destiny, was made into a movie entitled Stone of Destiny ... leading a team of students to reclaim the Stone of Scone ...
More definitions of "stone":
- (noun): A lack of feeling or expression or movement.
Example: "He must have a heart of stone"; "her face was as hard as stone"
- (noun): United States architect (1902-1978).
Synonyms: Edward Durell Stone
- (verb): Remove the pits from.
- (noun): United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989).
Synonyms: I. F. Stone, Isidor Feinstein Stone
- (noun): Building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose.
Example: "He wanted a special stone to mark the site"
- (noun): An avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds.
Example: "A heavy chap who must have weighed more than twenty stone"
- (noun): United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as Chief Justice (1872-1946).
Synonyms: Harlan Fiske Stone
- (adj): Of any of various dull tannish-gray colors.
- (verb): Kill by throwing stones at.
- (noun): The hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed.
Synonyms: pit, endocarp
- (noun): Material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust.
Example: "Stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
- (noun): United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893).
Synonyms: Lucy Stone
- (noun): A lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter.
Famous quotes containing the word stone:
“This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house
Against the envy of less happier lands;
This blessèd plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)