Some articles on stone:
... In 2008, Hamilton's book, The Taking of the Stone of Destiny, was made into a movie entitled Stone of Destiny ... Hamilton as the protagonist leading a team of students to reclaim the Stone of Scone ...
... Isidor Feinstein Stone (December 24, 1907 – June 18, 1989 born Isidor Feinstein, better known as I ... Stone and Izzy Stone) was an American investigative journalist and author ... Stone's Weekly, which was ranked 16th in a poll of his fellow journalists of "The Top 100 Works of Journalism in the United States in the 20th Century" ...
... Stone Temple Pilots developed a fan base in San Diego clubs in order to steer clear of the Los Angeles corporate music scene and build up their technique and following in the clubs ... In 1992, Stone Temple Pilots signed with Atlantic Records ... Despite hostile reviews from critics, Stone Temple Pilots continued to gain fans ...
... Zero Mile Stone Marathi शून्य मैलाचा दगड is a monument locating the geographical center of India in the city of Nagpur, Maharashtra.The Zero Mile Stone was ...
... in brick with ashlar dressings and a stone slate roof, in two storeys and three bays ... A table tomb over the grave consists of an inscribed stone slab on a brick plinth ... Adjacent to it is another inscribed stone slab, dating from the 19th century ...
More definitions of "stone":
- (verb): Remove the pits from.
- (noun): Building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose.
Example: "He wanted a special stone to mark the site"
- (noun): United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989).
Synonyms: I. F. Stone, Isidor Feinstein Stone
- (noun): United States filmmaker (born in 1946).
Synonyms: Oliver Stone
- (verb): Kill by throwing stones at.
- (noun): United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as Chief Justice (1872-1946).
Synonyms: Harlan Fiske Stone
- (noun): United States architect (1902-1978).
Synonyms: Edward Durell Stone
- (noun): Material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust.
Example: "Stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
- (adj): Of any of various dull tannish-gray colors.
- (noun): A lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter.
- (noun): United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893).
Synonyms: Lucy Stone
- (noun): The hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed.
Synonyms: pit, endocarp
- (noun): An avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds.
Example: "A heavy chap who must have weighed more than twenty stone"
Famous quotes containing the word stone:
“I can well conceive a man without hands, feet, head.... But I cannot conceive man without thought; he would be a stone or a brute.”
—Blaise Pascal (16231662)
“Converse: Dont they say that this is where everybody finds out who they are? Huh?
Hicks: Yeah. What a bummer for the gooks.”
—Judith Rascoe, U.S. screenwriter, Robert Stone (b. 1939)
“Fretted shadow on stumps
A vanishing husk
Of light . . . grey lumps
Of stone verge the hills with fears.
It is quickly dusk.”
—Allen Tate (18991979)