Shooting star is a common name for the visible path of a meteoroid as it enters the atmosphere to become a meteor. As it enters the atmosphere the meteor burns up into flames. It wont land on the earth because it burns up until there is nothing left.
Shooting star may also refer to:
- Shooting Star Children's Hospice, a UK children's charity
- The Shooting Star, a 1942 Tintin adventure
- Shooting Star (comics), a character from Marvel Comics
- The Shooting Star, the name of Racer X's car in Mach GoGoGo media
- Shooting Stars Award, annually presented to 10 young European actors at the Berlin International Film Festival
- Shooting Stars F.C., a Nigerian football club
- Shooting Star Casino in Minnesota
- Bay 101 Shooting Star, a World Poker Tour tournament
- Dodecatheon, a genus of herbaceous flowering plants
- A professional wrestling aerial technique
- An algorithm for calculating the shortest path in a graph
- Shooting star (candlestick pattern), pattern
Other articles related to "shooting star":
... Shooting Star/Hang On For Your Life is the 1991 release of Shooting Star's first two albums, Shooting Star and Hang On for Your Life, on compact disc ...
... Shooting Star (Kotoko) -- 524 LyricsKotoko Composition Shinji Orito Arrangement Kazuya Takase Sora no Mori de (Mami Kawada) -- 415 Lyrics Mami ... Loop-the-Loop Other Singles Love a Riddle / I Can't Get Over Your Best Smile Shooting Star Second Flight Face of Fact (Resolution Ver.) U Make Ai Dream Snipe Ao-Iconoclast / Pigeon ...
... far leg) Lynxsault (No-handed springboard moonsault) Shooting star press Shooting star senton – 2007 Standing moonsault side slam, sometimes from the ...
... Shooting Star, a 1958 novel by Robert Bloch Shooting Star (Temple novel) by Australian Peter Temple ...
... The most powerful of the dragons, Shooting Star protects the most powerful artifact, the Scepter of Domination ... Shooting Star resides in Flame Dragon Mountain, not far from the city of Blade ...
Famous quotes containing the words shooting star, star and/or shooting:
“Her eyes the glow-worm lend thee,
The shooting stars attend thee;”
—Robert Herrick (15911674)
“One thing about being successful is that I stopped being afraid of dying. Once youre a star youre dead already. Youre embalmed.”
—Dustin Hoffman (b. 1937)
“One ... aspect of the case for World War II is that while it was still a shooting affair it taught us survivors a great deal about daily living which is valuable to us now that it is, ethically at least, a question of cold weapons and hot words.”
—M.F.K. Fisher (19081992)