Share may refer to:
- To share a resource (such as food or money) is to make joint use of it; see sharing.
- Share (finance), a stock or other security such as a mutual fund
- Share (newspaper), a newspaper in Toronto, Canada
- Southern Hemisphere Auroral Radar Experiment, tracking space weather from Antarctica
- Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe, a health and social study in Europe
- Percentage of television sets in use tuned to a program, according to the Nielsen Ratings
- Plowshare, the cutting blade of a plow (plough)
- Network share, a file storage area that is available over a computer network
- share (command), a shell command
- SHARE (computing), a user group for IBM mainframe computers
- SHARE Operating System, the first operating system, by the SHARE user group
- Share (P2P), a Japanese P2P computer program, the successor to Winny
- Share (software), a service of Acrobat.com used for sending files
- File sharing
- Share Foundation, a medical charity in Newfoundland
- Share International, a religious movement founded by British painter Benjamin Creme
- SHARE cancer support, a New York City organization supporting women with cancer
- SHARE Foundation (El Salvador), an El Salvador justice organization
- SHARE in Africa, an American charity organization
- Skeptics and Humanist Aid and Relief Effort: a charity arm of the Center for Inquiry
- Students Harness Aid for the Relief of the Elderly, a charity in Cork, Ireland
Other articles related to "share, shares":
... leads the securities to react to the underlying share price ... at a number of dates they are usually issued at a similar price to the underlying share they convert at a set ratio. 1 hybrid converts into 1 underlying share Note This fixed conversion ratio means the price of these hybrids react to the movement in the underlying share price ...
... A golden share is a nominal share which is able to outvote all other shares in certain specified circumstances, often held by a government organization, in a government ...
20 November - British Telecom shares go on sale in the biggest share issue ever ... Two million people (5% of the adult population) buy shares, almost doubling the number of share owners in Britain. 28 November - The British Telecom share offer closes ...
... At that time share-cropping peasants (essentially, tenants) had to give half of their harvest to the owners of the land ... The demand of the Tebhaga (sharing by thirds) movement was to reduce the share given to landlords to one third ... ministry in the province launched the Bargadari Act, which provided that the share of the harvest given to the landlords would be limited to one third of the total ...
... This decline, of about one-third the share price, was accompanied by a spike in trading (from about 5,000 shares on January 4, to almost 1,000,000 the next day) ... Flowers Foods, of Thomasville, Georgia, for $34 million in cash, or about $4 per share ... (Tastykake stock closed at $1.61 per share at the end of the previous trading day.) ...
Famous quotes containing the word share:
“The fewer men, the greater share of honor.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“Wit is so shining a quality that everybody admires it; most people aim at it, all people fear it, and few love it unless in themselves. A man must have a good share of wit himself to endure a great share of it in another.”
—Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th Earl Chesterfield (16941773)
“O hurry to the ragged wood, for there
I will drive all those lovers out and cry
O my share of the world, O yellow hair!
No one has ever loved but you and I.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)