Sample or samples may refer to:
- Sample (statistics), a subset of a population
- Sample (signal), a digital discrete sample of a continuous analog signal
- Sample (material), a specimen or small quantity of something
- Sample (graphics), an intersection of a color channel and a pixel
- USS Sample (FF-1048), a frigate in the U.S. Navy
- SAMPLE history, a mnemonic acronym for questions medical first responders should ask
- Product sample, a sample of a consumer product that is given to the consumer so that he or she may try a product before committing to a purchase
- Sampling (music), re-using portions of sound recordings in a piece, see also Sampling (disambiguation)
- Standard cross-cultural sample, a sample of 186 cultures, used by scholars engaged in cross-cultural studies
- Hugh W. and Sarah Sample House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Iowa
Read more about Sample: People
Other articles related to "sample, samples":
... analytical work in a sterile laboratory decreasing the risk of sample contamination ... forensic chemists must keep track of a chain of custody for each sample ... Destructive methods involve taking a sample from the object of interest, and so injures the object ...
... amount of combustible gases present in a sample ... on the principle of resistance proportional to heat—a wire is heated, and a sample of the gas is introduced to the hot wire ... installed in the device to avoid the explosimeter igniting the sample external to the device ...
... Flash photolysis is a pump-probe laboratory technique, in which a sample is firstly excited by a strong pulse (called pump pulse) of light from a laser of ... for energy levels other than the ground state within a sample of atoms or molecules ... Typically the absorption of light by the sample is recorded within short time intervals (by a so-called test pulses) to monitor relaxation or reaction processes initiated by the pump pulse ...
... The sample or frozen sections is/are fixated in formaldehyde, then immersed for 20 minutes in the Nile blue solution and rinsed with water ... Then the sample is thoroughly rinsed in water (for one to two hours) ... The sample can be embedded in glycerol or glycerol gelatin ...
... Samples "Stillmatic (The Intro)" contains a sample from "Let Me Be Your Angel" by Stacy Lattisaw "Ether" contains dialogue from "Fuck Friendz" by 2Pac, and gunshot samples from "Knuckleheadz ... Got Ur Self A..." contains a sample from "Woke Up This Morning" by Alabama 3 "You're Da Man" contains a sample from "Sugar Man" by Sixto Diaz Rodriguez (sometimes ... Geils Band "One Mic" contains a sample from "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins, "I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby" by Barry White "2nd Childhood" contains a sample from "Born to Love ...
Famous quotes containing the word sample:
“As a rule they will refuse even to sample a foreign dish, they regard such things as garlic and olive oil with disgust, life is unliveable to them unless they have tea and puddings.”
—George Orwell (19031950)
“All that a city will ever allow you is an angle on itan oblique, indirect sample of what it contains, or what passes through it; a point of view.”
—Peter Conrad (b. 1948)
“The present war having so long cut off all communication with Great-Britain, we are not able to make a fair estimate of the state of science in that country. The spirit in which she wages war is the only sample before our eyes, and that does not seem the legitimate offspring either of science or of civilization.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)