Rest may refer to:
- Human relaxation
Rest may also refer to:
- Rest (music), a pause in a piece of music
- Rest (physics), the relation between two observers
- Rest (album), a 2008 album by Gregor Samsa
- Rest (band), Irish instrumental doom metal band
- Bank reserves, holdings in accounts at the Bank of England, plus cash in bank vaults
- Support (structure)
- Rest (cue sports) or mechanical bridge, a device supporting a cue stick on long shots in snooker, billiards and pool games
- Arm rest
- Head rest
- Leg rest
REST may refer to:
- RE1-silencing transcription factor, a human gene
- Representational state transfer, software architecture, including RESTful web services
- Restricted Environmental Stimulation Technique, a sensory deprivation technique
- ReStructuredText, a lightweight markup language
- Retail Employees Superannuation Trust, Australia's largest superannuation fund by membership
- Revised Extended Standard Theory, a theory of linguistic competence developed by Noam Chomsky in the mid-1970s
Other articles related to "rest":
... Weekly Rest (Industry) Convention, 1921 is an International Labour Organization Convention ... proposals with regard to the weekly rest day in industrial employment.. ...
... Along Interstate 75 are 9 pairs of rest areas along the length of the freeway ... Each rest area has rest rooms, vending machines, picnic tables, dog walk areas and nighttime security ... Call boxes can also be found at some rest areas ...
... No Rest for the Wicked is a fantasy webcomic by Andrea L ... No Rest for the Wicked is now also available in Italian, German, and Japanese ...
... walked off the ground with the aid of trainers and did not return for the rest of the match ... the career threatening injury took place which ruled him out for the rest of the season ... He kicked two goals while working further up the ground, putting to rest any concerns about his injured hamstring ...
... The straw-roofed haylofts of plateau Denai and Cima Rest are mentioned for the first time in a document dated 1613 ... In order not to lose the memory of the places and local culture, one of the haylofts of Cima Rest has become the Ethnographic Museum of the Valvestino ...
Famous quotes containing the word rest:
“Let no man write my epitaph; for as no man who knows my motives dare now vindicate them, let not prejudice or ignorance asperse them. Let them rest in obscurity and peace! Let my memory be left in oblivion, my tomb remain uninscribed, until other times and other men can do justice to my character.”
—Robert Emmet (17781803)
“... this nation is rotten at the heart, and ... nothing but the most tremendous blows with the sledge-hammer of abolition truth, could ever have broken the false rest which we had taken up for ourselves on the very brink of ruin.”
—Angelina Grimké (18051879)
“They have a right to censure that have a heart to help: the rest is cruelty, not justice.”
—William Penn (16441718)