Ray may refer to:
- Ray (surname)
- Ray (given name)
- Ray, Alabama
- Ray, Arizona
- Ray, Indiana and Michigan
- Ray, North Dakota
- Ray, Minnesota
- Ray County, Missouri, a county in the United States
- Ray Township, Michigan, a township in Macomb County
- Ray, Iran
- Ray, South Khorasan, Iran
- Ray Mountain, a volcano in British Columbia, Canada
- River Ray, two rivers in southern England
- Ray, a village in Ke Chong, Cambodia
- Ray (art journal), a British little magazine
- Ray (comics), a DC Comics character
- Ray (manga), a manga about a female doctor with X-ray vision
- Ray, a protagonist in Ray the Animation, a science fiction anime television series
- Ray (film), a 2004 movie biography of singer Ray Charles
- The Rays, an American musical group active in the 1950s
- Ray (Frazier Chorus album), an album by British pop band Frazier Chorus
- Ray (L'Arc-en-Ciel album), an album by Japanese rock band L'Arc-en-Ciel
- Rays (Michael Nesmith album), an album by former Monkee Michael Nesmith
- Ray (soundtrack), a soundtrack of the film Ray
- Ray (EP), an album by Japanese rock band Panic Channel
- "Ray" (song), a single by Swedish punk rock band Millencolin
- Ray (fish), a superorder of cartilaginous fishes
- Ray (fish fin anatomy), a bony or horny spine in the fin of a fish
- The Tampa Bay Rays, a Major League Baseball team
- Ray (geometry), part of a line which is finite in one direction
- Ray (optics), idealized narrow beam of light
- Ray (quantum theory), an equivalence class of state-vectors representing the same state.
- Ray (wrestler), Hong Kong professional wrestler
- Rays Engineering, a Japanese automotive wheel manufacturer
- Kia Ray, a prototype or concept car
- Medullary ray (disambiguation)
- USS Ray, a U.S. Navy vessel
- RAYS LX Linux Desktop Distribution
- Raha-automaattiyhdistys, a Finnish gambling service provider
Other articles related to "ray":
... USS Ray (SS/SSR-271), a Gato-class submarine, was the first ship of the United States Navy to be named for the ray, a fish characterized by a flat body, large ... The first Ray (SS-271), an attack submarine, was laid down 20 July 1942 launched 28 February 1943 by Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co ... After training in Lake Michigan until 15 August, Ray arrived Coco Solo, C.Z ...
... The idea came from Cleo Hoval, an account person with Campbell-Mithun, who then asked Ray Tollefson to try drawing a bear that he might like after many others ... Cleo liked the bear that Ray drew ... Ray drew many scenes and situations for Hamm's advertising and ultimately was asked to create a book on "How to draw the Hamm's Bear" since so many artists would need to draw the Hamm's Bear due to ...
... California), better known by his stage name East Bay Ray, is a guitarist best known for his membership in the San Francisco Bay area-based punk band Dead Kennedys ... Biafra's astute lyrics and unique vibrato-based vocal style, East Bay Ray's playing was one of the defining factors of the music of the Dead Kennedys, and by extension, of the "second wave ...
... intention of apprenticing herself to the surrealist artist and photographer Man Ray ... began her own photographic studio, often taking over Man Ray's fashion assignments to enable him to concentrate on his painting ... photographs taken during this period and credited to Man Ray were actually taken by Lee ...
... The theatrical Blu-ray version of The Lord of the Rings was released in the United States on 6 April 2010 ... The individual Blu-ray disc of The Two Towers was released on 14 September 2010 with the same special features as the complete trilogy release, except there was no digital copy ... The Extended Editions for Blu-ray were released in the U.S ...
Famous quotes containing the word ray:
“It has never been my object to record my dreams, just the determination to realize them.”
—Man Ray (18901976)
“These facts have always suggested to man the sublime creed that the world is not the product of manifold power, but of one will, of one mind; and that one mind is everywhere active, in each ray of the star, in each wavelet of the pool; and whatever opposes that will is everywhere balked and baffled, because things are made so, and not otherwise.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“An original is a creation
motivated by desire.
Any reproduction of an original
is motivated by necessity ...
It is marvelous that we are
the only species that creates
To create is divine, to reproduce
—Man Ray (18901976)