Type may refer to:
- Type–token distinction
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Type or arity, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard
- Data type, collection of values used for computations
- Type (command), a DOS command to display contents of a file
- Type (Unix), a POSIX shell builtin that gives information about commands
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types
- Ideal type
- Normal type
- Type (band), name of Portuguese DJ and musician Cyz (Cynthia Zamorano)
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Typeface, used in typesetting
- Sort (typesetting), cast metal type for printing
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
Other articles related to "type, types":
... They usually stand between 14 and 16 hands high, although some Halter-type and English hunter-type horses may grow as tall as 17 hands ... There are two main body types the stock type and the hunter or racing type ... The stock horse type is shorter, more compact, stocky and well muscled, yet agile ...
24–31 0 Marker 128 ... Length Type Marker Included for compatibility, must be set to all ones ... Type Type of BGP message ...
... for the first three S-boats under the same general specifications but of different design types ... S-1 was what was known as a "Holland-type", while S-2 was a "Lake-type" and S-3 a "Government-type" ...
... Thus, they have long legs and are leaner than their stock type counterparts, but are still characterized by muscular hindquarters and powerful legs ... the nickname, "the world's fastest athlete." The show hunter type is slimmer, even more closely resembling a Thoroughbred, usually reflecting a higher percentage of appendix ...
... The first described cases are believed to be of type 1 diabetes ... Type 1 and type 2 diabetes where identified as separate conditions for the first time by the Indian physicians Sushruta and Charaka in 400-500 CE with type 1 ...
Famous quotes containing the word type:
“... In truth I find it ridiculous that a man of his intelligence suffer over this type of person, who is not even interesting, for she is said to be foolish, she added with all the wisdom of people who are not in love, who find that a sensible man should only be unhappy over a person who is worthwhile; it is almost tantamount to being surprised that anyone deign having cholera for having been infected with a creature as small as the vibrio bacilla.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“He turned out to belong to the type of publisher who dreams of becoming a male muse to his author, and our brief conjunction ended abruptly upon his suggesting I replace chess by music and make Luzhin a demented violinist.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
“The perfect detective story cannot be written. The type of mind which can evolve the perfect problem is not the type of mind that can produce the artistic job of writing.”
—Raymond Chandler (18881959)