Type may refer to:
- Type–token distinction
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Type or arity, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard
- Data type, collection of values used for computations
- Type (command), a DOS command to display contents of a file
- Type (Unix), a POSIX shell builtin that gives information about commands
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types
- Ideal type
- Normal type
- Type (band), name of Portuguese DJ and musician Cyz (Cynthia Zamorano)
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Typeface, used in typesetting
- Sort (typesetting), cast metal type for printing
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
Other articles related to "type, types":
... usually stand between 14 and 16 hands high, although some Halter-type and English hunter-type horses may grow as tall as 17 hands ... There are two main body types the stock type and the hunter or racing type ... The stock horse type is shorter, more compact, stocky and well muscled, yet agile ...
... version 4 message header format bit offset 0–15 16–23 24–31 0 Marker 128 ... Length Type Marker Included for compatibility, must be set to all ones ... Type Type of BGP message ...
... general specifications but of different design types ... S-1 was what was known as a "Holland-type", while S-2 was a "Lake-type" and S-3 a "Government-type" ...
... Thus, they have long legs and are leaner than their stock type counterparts, but are still characterized by muscular hindquarters and powerful legs ... them the nickname, "the world's fastest athlete." The show hunter type is slimmer, even more closely resembling a Thoroughbred, usually reflecting a higher ...
... The first described cases are believed to be of type 1 diabetes ... Type 1 and type 2 diabetes where identified as separate conditions for the first time by the Indian physicians Sushruta and Charaka in 400-500 CE with type 1 associated with youth and ...
Famous quotes containing the word type:
“Histories of the world omitted China; if a Chinaman invented compass or movable type or gunpowder we promptly forgot it and named their European inventors. In short, we regarded China as a sort of different and quite inconsequential planet.”
—W.E.B. (William Edward Burghardt)
“The real American type can never be a ballet dancer. The legs are too long, the body too supple and the spirit too free for this school of affected grace and toe walking.”
—Isadora Duncan (18781927)
“Under the species of Syndicalism and Fascism there appears for the first time in Europe a type of man who does not want to give reasons or to be right, but simply shows himself resolved to impose his opinions.”
—José Ortega Y Gasset (18831955)