Type may refer to:
- Type–token distinction
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Type or arity, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard
- Data type, collection of values used for computations
- Type (command), a DOS command to display contents of a file
- Type (Unix), a POSIX shell builtin that gives information about commands
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types
- Ideal type
- Normal type
- Type (band), name of Portuguese DJ and musician Cyz (Cynthia Zamorano)
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Typeface, used in typesetting
- Sort (typesetting), cast metal type for printing
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
Other articles related to "type, types":
... format bit offset 0–15 16–23 24–31 0 Marker 128 ... Length Type Marker Included for compatibility, must be set to all ones ... Type Type of BGP message ...
... they have long legs and are leaner than their stock type counterparts, but are still characterized by muscular hindquarters and powerful legs ... sprinting ability has earned them the nickname, "the world's fastest athlete." The show hunter type is slimmer, even more closely resembling a Thoroughbred, usually ...
... There are two main body types the stock type and the hunter or racing type ... The stock horse type is shorter, more compact, stocky and well muscled, yet agile ... The racing and hunter type Quarter Horses are somewhat taller and smoother muscled than the stock type, more closely resembling the Thoroughbred ...
... first described cases are believed to be of type 1 diabetes ... Type 1 and type 2 diabetes where identified as separate conditions for the first time by the Indian physicians Sushruta and Charaka in 400-500 CE with type 1 associated with youth and ...
... S-boats under the same general specifications but of different design types ... S-1 was what was known as a "Holland-type", while S-2 was a "Lake-type" and S-3 a "Government-type" ...
Famous quotes containing the word type:
“He turned out to belong to the type of publisher who dreams of becoming a male muse to his author, and our brief conjunction ended abruptly upon his suggesting I replace chess by music and make Luzhin a demented violinist.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
“It took six weeks of debate in the Senate to get the Arms Embargo Law repealedand we face other delays during the present session because most of the Members of the Congress are thinking in terms of next Autumns election. However, that is one of the prices that we who live in democracies have to pay. It is, however, worth paying, if all of us can avoid the type of government under which the unfortunate population of Germany and Russia must exist.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)
“The real American type can never be a ballet dancer. The legs are too long, the body too supple and the spirit too free for this school of affected grace and toe walking.”
—Isadora Duncan (18781927)