Type may refer to:
- Type–token distinction
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Type or arity, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard
- Data type, collection of values used for computations
- Type (command), a DOS command to display contents of a file
- Type (Unix), a POSIX shell builtin that gives information about commands
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types
- Ideal type
- Normal type
- Type (band), name of Portuguese DJ and musician Cyz (Cynthia Zamorano)
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Typeface, used in typesetting
- Sort (typesetting), cast metal type for printing
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
Other articles related to "type, types":
... The first described cases are believed to be of type 1 diabetes ... Type 1 and type 2 diabetes where identified as separate conditions for the first time by the Indian physicians Sushruta and Charaka in 400-500 CE with type 1 associated with youth and type 2 with being overweight ...
... specifications but of different design types ... S-1 was what was known as a "Holland-type", while S-2 was a "Lake-type" and S-3 a "Government-type" ...
... and 16 hands high, although some Halter-type and English hunter-type horses may grow as tall as 17 hands ... There are two main body types the stock type and the hunter or racing type ... The stock horse type is shorter, more compact, stocky and well muscled, yet agile ...
16–23 24–31 0 Marker 128 ... Length Type Marker Included for compatibility, must be set to all ones ... Type Type of BGP message ...
... have long legs and are leaner than their stock type counterparts, but are still characterized by muscular hindquarters and powerful legs ... "the world's fastest athlete." The show hunter type is slimmer, even more closely resembling a Thoroughbred, usually reflecting a higher percentage of appendix breeding ...
Famous quotes containing the word type:
“A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“They had supposed their formula was fixed.
They had obeyed instructions to devise
A type of cold, a type of hooded gaze.
But when the Negroes came they were perplexed.
These Negroes looked like men....”
—Gwendolyn Brooks (b. 1917)
“To be a real philosopher all that is necessary is to hate some one elses type of thinking.”
—William James (18421910)