Raphael catfish may refer to a number of different doradid catfish species:
- Striped Raphael catfish, Platydoras costatus
- Southern striped Raphael catfish, Platydoras armatulus
- Spotted Raphael catfish, Agamyxis albomaculatus or Agamyxis pectinifrons
- Marbled Raphael catfish, Amblydoras hancockii
- Giant Raphael catfish, Megalodoras uranoscopus
- Chocolate Raphael catfish, Acanthodoras cataphractus or Acanthodoras spinosissimus
Other articles related to "raphael catfish, catfish":
... Platydoras costatus, the Raphael catfish, is a species of thorny catfish of the genus Platydoras widespread throughout northern South America down to Argentina ... Although long thought to be the striped raphael catfish, this is not the case the striped raphael catfish is actually Platydoras armatulus ...
... The striped Raphael catfish also has tiny and curved protective spines running along its body ... The striped Raphael catfish can grow up to 20 centimetres (7.9 in) SL ... Juvenile raphael catfish have been recorded cleaning piscivorous fish such as Hoplias cf ...
Famous quotes containing the word raphael:
“I take such men to be inspired. I fancy that this moment Shakespeare in heaven ranks with Gabriel Raphael and Michael. And if another Messiah ever comes twill be in Shakespeares person.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)