A quarter is one fourth, 1⁄4, 25%, or 0.25 and may refer to:
- Quarter (urban subdivision), a section or area, usually of a town
- Quarter (United States coin), valued at one-fourth of a U.S. dollar
- Quarter (Canadian coin), valued at one-fourth of a Canadian dollar
- Academic quarter (year division), a division of an academic year lasting from 8 to 12 weeks
- Academic quarter (class timing), term used by universities in various European countries for the 15 minutes between the defined start time for a lecture and the actual time it will start
- Fiscal quarter, one fourth (three months) of a fiscal year
- Quarter, imperial units equal to:
- 4 ounces (113 g), or one fourth of 1 pound (0.45 kg)
- 28 pounds (12.7 kg), or one fourth of 1 long hundredweight (112 lb or 50.8 kg)
- Quarter, South Lanarkshire, a small settlement in Scotland
Other articles related to "quarter":
... In the first quarter, the Dolphins' dominating day began with kicker Olindo Mare getting a 35-yard field goal in the first quarter, while also getting a 33-yard field goal in ... In the third quarter, Miami continued their hot day as QB Joey Harrington completed a 32-yard TD pass to WR Marty Booker for the only score of the period ... In the fourth quarter, RB Sammy Morris got a 3-yard TD run, which was followed up by a completed 2-point conversion pass from Harrington to Booker ...
... The castle in the first quarter comes from the symbol of the Crown of Castile, whereas the lion in the second quarter and the winged hand in the third are legacy ... three pinetrees and the pond in the fourth quarter refer to the Lagoon of Villena or the Fuente del Chopo, formerly big wealth sources for the city the first as a salt evaporation pond and the second as a ... of office, as well as certain polemic about the position of the second and third quarter ...
... Losman were unstoppable in the first quarter, connecting for 205 yards and two 83-yard touchdowns ... Evans' first-quarter performance was a Buffalo record for a period and just shy of the NFL record for yards receiving in a quarter of 210 by Baltimore's ... Lundy cut the lead to 14–7 with a 17-yard run in the first quarter ...
1st Quarter NYJ – FG Nugent 33, 630. 2nd Quarter CLE – Droughns 2 run (Dawson kick), 1000. 3rd Quarter CLE – Winslow II 30 pass from Frye (Dawson kick), 1116 ...
... dotted rhythm that consists of a series of quarter and eighth notes (quarter, eighth, quarter, (space/held briefly), quarter, eighth, quarter ...
Famous quotes containing the word quarter:
“American family life has never been particularly idyllic. In the nineteenth century, nearly a quarter of all children experienced the death of one of their parents.... Not until the sixties did the chief cause of separation of parents shift from death to divorce.”
—Richard Louv (20th century)
“A quarter of an hour is worth a thousand pieces of gold.”
“I was able to believe for years that going to Madame Swanns was a vague chimera that I would never attain; after having passed a quarter of an hour there, it was the time at which I did not know her which became to me a chimera and vague, as a possible destroyed by another possible.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)