Print may refer to:
- Printing, mostly using a printing press, but a process which may also refer to other methods of printmaking
- Printing press, printing with moveable metal type, see also letterpress printing
- Publishing, the distribution of printed works or other information
- Print run, one batch of printing, that is, the number of copies printed by one set-up of a printing press
- Textile printing
- 'In print', currently being published; compare out of print
- Printing, a handwriting method using block letters, instead of cursive letters
- Printmaking, various processes for producing multiple copies of works of art by printing
- Old master print, a product of printmaking, such as an engraving, etching or woodcut, in the European tradition, instead of others (e.g., Asian), especially if made before 1830
- Photographic print, i.e. photograph or photo
- Input/output, computer output on a screen or on paper
- Printer (computing), a device to put ink on paper
- Print (command), a shell command
- Print (filmmaking), e.g. distribution print
- A BASIC programming language command that generates text in text modes, derived from the text printing process on teleprinter terminals before refreshing displays
- Print (magazine), a bimonthly magazine about visual culture and design
- Prints (album), a 2002 album by Fred Frith
Other articles related to "print":
... or add one 9-digit amount to accumulate a 12-position total Print results in final form on one or two reports of convenient size Print group identification Print a check symbol on each ...
... Puddle is a woodcut print by the Dutch artist M ... This print, however, is a realistic depiction of a simple image that portrays two perspectives at once ... Turning the print upside-down and focusing strictly on the reflection in the water, it becomes a depiction of a forest with a full moon overhead ...
... selling office supplies, business machines, and tech services Staples also offers a copy and print center for photocopies, digital printing, faxing, custom business cards, custom rubber stamps, promotional ... The Copy Print Center was also the first Print Center to offer custom business cards printed in store ... Staples also operates stand-alone Copy Print Stores (currently located in Boston and New York City) where Copy Print is a brand of Staples ...
... Print advertisements from the campaign were published in many mainstream magazines such as Newsweek and Time ... There was also another series of print ads which were more focused on brand image than specific products ...
... The most common spooling application is print spooling documents formatted for printing are stored usually into an area on a disk and retrieved and ... Printers typically can print only a single document at a time and require seconds or minutes to do so ... With spooling, multiple processes can write documents to a print queue without waiting ...
Famous quotes containing the word print:
“The Anglo-American can indeed cut down, and grub up all this waving forest, and make a stump speech, and vote for Buchanan on its ruins, but he cannot converse with the spirit of the tree he fells, he cannot read the poetry and mythology which retire as he advances. He ignorantly erases mythological tablets in order to print his handbills and town-meeting warrants on them.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“We that write & print have all our books predestinated& and for me, I shall write such things as the Great Publisher of Mankind ordained ages before he published The WorldMthis planet, I meannot the Literary Globe.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“And so on into winter
Till even I have ceased
To come as a foot printer,
And only some slight beast
So mousy or so foxy
Shall print there as my proxy.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)