- Parabolic aluminized reflector light, or Parabolic aluminized reflector or "PAR light", a type of floodlight
- Participatory Action Research, research methodology
- Phased array radar
- Photosynthetically active radiation, measurement of the amount of photosynthetically active wavelengths in light
- Population attributable risk, the difference in rate of a condition between an exposed population and an unexposed population
- Possible Allergic Reaction, warning accompanying some E number encodings for food additives
- Precision Approach Radar, military instrument approach system
- Pro Action Replay, brand of expansion cartridges for various home video game consoles
- Protease-activated receptor, cell receptor that is activated by cleavage
- Peak-to-average ratio
- Pseudoautosomal region, Homologous DNA sequences on X and Y chromosmes
- PAR the IATA airport code covering all airports in Paris, France
- PolyADP ribosylation, the addition of one or more ADP-ribose moieties to a protein
- Proven Acceptable Range, Known good operational window of any parameter that has been developed through experiment.
Read more about this topic: Par
Other articles related to "science":
... and academics to establish what would eventually become the World Academy of Art and Science in 1960 ... nor, though invited, did he attend the first Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs in 1957 ... knowledge in a world in which the freedom of science to exchange ideas was more and more hobbled by political concerns ...
1890 – June 28, 1974) was an American engineer, inventor and science administrator known for his work on analog computers, for his role as an initiator and ... scientists in the application of science to warfare ... II, when he was in effect the first presidential science advisor ...
... The National Science Board established the Vannevar Bush Award (/væˈniːvər/ van-NEE-vər) in 1980 to honor Dr ... The annual award recognizes an individual who, through public service activities in science and technology, has made an outstanding "contribution toward the welfare of mankind and the Nation." The ... scientist, adviser to Presidents, and the force behind the establishment of the National Science Foundation ...
... The 48th World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon), was ConFiction, which was held in The Hague, Netherlands 23rd-27 August 1990 at the Netherlands Congress Centre ... two Worldcons held in continental Europe, the other being the 28th World Science Fiction Convention held in West Germany ...
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by politicians ... tank makes it their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
Famous quotes containing the word science:
“Magic is akin to science in that it always has a definite aim intimately associated with human instincts, needs, and pursuits. The magic art is directed towards the attainment of practical aims. Like other arts and crafts, it is also governed by a theory, by a system of principles which dictate the manner in which the act has to be performed in order to be effective.”
—Bronislaw Malinowski (19841942)
“Science is analytical, descriptive, informative. Man does not live by bread alone, but by science he attempts to do so. Hence the deadliness of all that is purely scientific.”
—Eric Gill (18821940)