- Administrative Support - This section provides administrative and personnel support services to the division.
- C4I and Wires - This section isis responsible for operationally testing submarine C4I systems, including such programs as:
- Photonics mast (AN/BVS-1)
- Submarine Local Area Network (SubLAN)
- Mine Warfare - This section is responsible for the operationally testing and evaluation of all mine warfare systems.
- Remote mine-hunting system (RMS)
- Surface mine counter measure unmanned undersea vehicles (SMCM UUV)
- Platforms System - This section is responsible for operationally testing for all anti-submarine warfare and related systems, including such programs as:
- Advanced SEAL delivery system (ASDS)
- SSGN conversion
- Virginia-class (SSN-774 class) submarines
- Submarine ASW - This section is responsible for the operational testing and evaluation of all submarine-based anti-submarine warfare systems, including such programs as:
- Mark 48 advanced capability (ADCAP) torpedo
- Mark 54 lightweight hybrid torpedo (LHT)
- Surface/Air ASW - This section is responsible for operationally testing and evaluation of all surface and aerial anti-submarine warfare systems, including such programs as:
- AN/UQQ-2 Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS) upgrades
- Littoral combat ship (LCS) ASW mission packages
Other articles related to "undersea warfare":
... The Undersea Warfare sector includes three business units Defense Systems, Electro-Ceramics, and Naval Communications and Sonar System ...
... The Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) is the United States Navy's full-spectrum research, development, test and evaluation, engineering and fleet support center for submarines, autonomous ...
Famous quotes containing the words warfare and/or undersea:
“The chief reason warfare is still with us is neither a secret death-wish of the human species, nor an irrepressible instinct of aggression, nor, finally and more plausibly, the serious economic and social dangers inherent in disarmament, but the simple fact that no substitute for this final arbiter in international affairs has yet appeared on the political scene.”
—Hannah Arendt (19061975)
“Saturday mornings we listened to Red Lantern & his undersea folk.
At 11, Lets Pretend/& we did/& I, the poet, still do, Thank God!”
—Imamu Amiri Baraka (b. 1934)