Neutral zone may refer to:
- Neutral zone (American football), the region between offensive and defensive sides prior to the snap of the ball on a scrimmage play
- Neutral zone (ice hockey), zone between the blue lines in ice hockey
- A non-competitive segment of a few miles at the beginning of a bicycle race
In Star Trek:
- Neutral zone (pinball), target in the Star Trek: The Next Generation pinball game
- Neutral zone (Star Trek), "buffer zone" between the territories of two different powers in the fictional Star Trek universe
- "The Neutral Zone" (TNG episode), the finale of the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Neutral zone (territorial entity)
In other fields:
- Neutral zone (control theory), concept in control theory
- A short segment of railway track on which electric trains operate but which lacks the overhead lines that power them. Residual momentum is required for such trains to cross a neutral zone.
Other articles related to "neutral zone, zones, zone":
... The Romulan Neutral Zone was established around 2160 or 2161 by the treaty that ended the Earth-Romulan War, and was still in effect at the end of ... a star goes supernova (what effect this has on the neutral zone is unclear) ... Like the Klingon Neutral Zone, any entry by either party was considered an act of war ...
... She spotted and chased the USS Yamato NCC-71807 throughout the Romulan Neutral Zone before finally witnessing its destruction due to systems failures ... involvement in the Yamato's destruction and orders Captain Jean-Luc Picard to leave the Neutral Zone ... neither side can claim anything in the Neutral Zone, she again orders the starship to leave, or else she'll destroy it and the Away Team on Iconia ...
... by force from Mongolia 1922 - The Saudi-Iraqi neutral zone is created ... Kashmir, a Line of Control is created in Kashmir, creating Indian and Pakistani controlled zones ... loses the West Bank to Israel following the Six-Day War 1969 December 18 — Saudi–Kuwaiti neutral zone partitioned between Kuwait and Saudi Arabia 1971 December 16 — Bangladesh ...
... occurs within the offensive team's own end zone, in which case an automatic safety is assessed (intentional grounding from the end zone also carries an automatic safety) ... principle applies, but any offensive fouls involving contact in their end zone (e.g ... Note The neutral zone is the space between the two free-kick lines during a free-kick down and between the two scrimmage lines during a scrimmage down ...
... each occupying its own space only the space in the Neutral Zone is left empty ... castle) leaving one space between them in such a way that the space in the Neutral Zone is also left empty ... Pieces in the Neutral Zone cannot be captured ...
Famous quotes containing the words zone and/or neutral:
“There was a continuous movement now, from Zone Five to Zone Four. And from Zone Four to Zone Three, and from us, up the pass. There was a lightness, a freshness, and an enquiry and a remaking and an inspiration where there had been only stagnation. And closed frontiers. For this is how we all see it now.”
—Doris Lessing (b. 1919)
“I feel the carousel starting slowly
And going faster and faster: desk, papers, books,
Photographs of friends, the window and the trees
Merging in one neutral band that surrounds
Me on all sides, everywhere I look.”
—John Ashbery (b. 1927)