Edward Fredrico "Ed" Garcia
- American Hero by Josh Gurling
- Is President Jarrod Delport's running mate and eventual Vice President.
- Was Governor of New Mexico, first Hispanic Vice President.
- President Delport calls him "Eddie Feddie".
- Described as "a lovable big robust man, that you may confuse with a giant teddy bear"
- played by Ray Wise
- 24, (television series, 2001)
- Was appointed Vice President at some point after Charles Logan assumed the Presidency following President John Keeler's incapacitation.
- During a crisis in which European terrorist Vladimir Bierko threatened to release nerve gas in several heavily populated targets in Los Angeles, Gardner suggested the President increase military presence in the area, to the extent of effectively implementing martial law.
- Gardner was suspected by Jack Bauer of being behind a conspiracy which allowed Bierko to gain access to the nerve gas. It was later learned that Gardner was innocent and President Logan himself was responsible. After Logan's involvement was revealed, it was expected that he would resign and Gardner would assume the presidency.
- Commander in Chief (TV series)
- Is the Chief of Staff of Independent President Mackenzie Allen, and eventual Vice President.
- He would become the first African-American Vice President.
Ransom W. Gardner
- Vice President in: Promises to Keep, a novel by George Bernau
- Gardner is a roman à clef representation of Lyndon B. Johnson. Gardner is Vice President in an alternate history in which President John T. Cassidy survives a November 1963 assassination attempt.
- Cassidy, seriously wounded, allows Gardner to assume the presidency and run for re-election in 1964, on the condition that Gardner name his brother, Attorney General Tim Cassidy as vice president. After he recovers, John Cassidy runs for and wins the 1964 election as Senator from New York.
- After Tim Cassidy is killed in Vietnam, Sen. John Cassidy challenges and defeats Gardner for the 1968 Democratic nomination, surviving a second assassination attempt.
- Seven Days in May by Fletcher Knebel (1962 novel)
- Served under President Jordan Lyman, who was the target of a military coup.
- First Italian American Vice President, the plotters convince him to visit his grandfather's hometown in Italy to ensure he is out of the country when they strike.
- Head of State
- A former bail bondsman. Brother to President Mays Gilliam.
- Played by: Bernie Mac
- Vice President in The Interim (novel)
- Secretary of Defense under President Payne
- Injured in the Chinese assault on the White House
- Assassinates treasonous attorney general Alexander Edwards on the Inaugural Platform
- Sworn in as vice president on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
- Political Party: Democrat
Read more about this topic: List Of Fictional Vice Presidents Of The United States