Defunct Companies (former)
- Allis-Chalmers - Tractors and construction machinery factory
- Appleby-Frodingham Steel Company - Absorbed into British Steel now Corus
- Aveling-Barford - Former engineering company based in Grantham
- Aveling and Porter - Steam rollers (became Aveling-Barford)
- Autocast - non-ferrous foundry in Bourne, supplying casings to the car industry.
- Blackstone & Co - Blacksmiths & early engine manufacturer
- BMARC - Former armaments designers and manufacture
- British Racing Motors (BRM) - Racing cars
- Lister-Blackstone - Engine & agricultural machinery builders at Stamford
- Clayton & Shuttleworth - former Steam and agricultural machinery builders
- English Racing Automobiles - Former race car builder
- Field Marshall - Brand of tractors built by Marshall, Sons & Co. Ltd of Gainsborough
- Marshall, Sons & Co. - Former Steam engine & tractor manufacturer
- Priestman Brothers - Crane & excavator builders
- Rinovia Steam Fishing Company Ltd. - Former fishing fish distribution company
- Richard Hornsby & Sons - Former Engineering firm
- Ruston (engine builder) - Former Stationary engine & locomotive manufacturer
- Ruston, Proctor and Company - Former Steam engine builder
- Ruston-Bucyrus Former manufacture of Excavators & Steam shovels
- Sanderson Forklifts - Forklift manufacturer based near Skegness
- Twilleys - Embroidery products fron Stamford
- William Foster & Co. - Former agricultural engineers and steam engine builders
Read more about this topic: List Of Companies In Lincolnshire
Other articles related to "companies":
... During the browser wars, other companiesbesides Microsoft introduced proprietary, non-standards-compliant extensions ... With the rise of Internet Explorer, the two companiesbecame locked in a dead heat to out-implement each other with non-standards-compliant features ...
... one of the largest Japanese automotive manufacturing companiesin the 1930s OHTA, short for Organ Historical Trust of Australia ...
... Many of the family-owned companiesthat once inhabited Rockford were acquired by larger companiesthe larger companiesthen relocated the products being made to lower wage parts of ...
... economy and is the industrial and economic hub of the country, home to one third of Tunisian companies€”including almost all the head offices of companieswith more than fifty employees, with the exception of ... Tunis attracts foreign investors (33% of companies 26% of investments and 27% of employment), excluding several areas due to economic imbalances ...
... Companiesoutsource to avoid certain types of costs ... Among the reasons companieselect to outsource include avoidance of burdensome regulations, high taxes, high energy costs, and unreasonable costs that may be associated with defined benefits in ... This motivates companiesto outsource for lower labor costs ...
Famous quotes containing the words defunct and/or companies:
“The consciousness of being deemed dead, is next to the presumable unpleasantness of being so in reality. One feels like his own ghost unlawfully tenanting a defunct carcass.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“In the U.S. for instance, the value of a homemakers productive work has been imputed mostly when she was maimed or killed and insurance companies and/or the courts had to calculate the amount to pay her family in damages. Even at that, the rates were mostly pink collar and the big number was attributed to the husbands pain and suffering.”
—Gloria Steinem (20th century)