- John Spencer (15th century MP) (died 1417), MP for Suffolk 1411,1413, High Sheriff of Norfolk and Suffolk 1416
- Sir John Spencer (1524–1586), MP for Northamptonshire, 1554,1558 and High Sheriff of Northamptonshire,1551,1558,1571,1583
- John Spencer (died 1600) (c.1549–1600), MP for Northampton, 1572 and High Sheriff of Northamptonshire 1578,1590
- John Spencer (Lord Mayor of London) (d. 1610), merchant and Lord Mayor of London
- John Spencer (British politician) (1708–1746), father of the 1st Earl Spencer
- John Canfield Spencer (1788–1855), American politician
- John Spencer (politician) (born 1946), former Mayor of Yonkers, New York and an unsuccessful candidate for the United States Senate
Read more about this topic: John Spencer
Other articles related to "politicians, politician":
... House of Representatives Charles Tran Van Lam Hoang Van Chi, South Vietnamese politician who publicized the Nhan Van-Giai Pham affair in the North under Ho Chi Minh ...
... See also List of Irish politicians Liam Aylward (born September 1952) Jim Gibbons, Irish politician (1924–1997) Phil Hogan (born c1965) Robert Cane (1807 ...
... Har See also Workers' Party (Singapore) politicians, #Labour Front (Singapore) politicians, #Labour Party (Singapore) politicians, #Singaporean Members of Parliament, #National ...
... The politicians of District Mandi Bahauddin are playing a dynamic role in the national and provincial politics ... A veteran politician, Mr ... People of the district are, at large, sceptical towards the role of local politicians, for they believe that the politicians and the state machinery did not play the role they ought to play in ...
... Rich posed the question "Who's in charge – the people or politicians?" He criticized political connections between political contributors and government contractors and wrote "When ... He wrote "The longer politicians are in office, the more likely they are to rip us off for their own benefit – rewarding the donors who funded their campaigns and the special interests who keep ... He opposes career politicians generally ...
Famous quotes containing the word politicians:
“Wit puts politicians at risk.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“The trouble with this country is that there are too many politicians who believe, with a conviction based on experience, that you can fool all of the people all of the time.”
—Franklin Pierce Adams (18811960)
“When politicians and politically minded people pay too much attention to literature, it is a bad signa bad sign mostly for literature.... But it is also a bad sign when they dont want to hear the word mentioned.”
—Italo Calvino (19231985)