Mathematics and Science
- blue jet, a type of upper atmosphere lightning phenomena
- jet (fluid), a coherent stream of fluid that is projected into a surrounding medium, usually from some kind of a nozzle or aperture
- water jet (recreation), a personal-use water cannon that can be turned to spray in different directions and is usually found in water parks
- jet (lignite), a type of coal used in some jewelry (origin of the adjective "jet-black")
- jet (mathematics)
- jet (particle physics), a narrow cone of hadrons and other particles produced by the hadronization of a quark or gluon in a particle physics or heavy ion experiment
- jet bundle
- jet stream, in meteorology, commonly referred to as "jet"
- Joint European Torus, an experimental nuclear fusion machine
- polar jet, a phenomenon in astronomy, where streams of matter are emitted along the axis of rotation of a compact object
- relativistic jet, an extremely powerful jet of plasma which emerges from the centers of some active galaxies
Read more about this topic: Jet
Other articles related to "mathematics, sciences, science, mathematics and, mathematics and science, and science":
... Gauss referred to mathematics as "the Queen of the Sciences" ... the word corresponding to science means a "field of knowledge", and this was the original meaning of "science" in English, also ... Of course, mathematics is in this sense a field of knowledge ...
... He graduated from technical mathematics at the Department of mathematics and physics of then Faculty for natural sciences and technology (FNT) of the University of Ljubljana ... Professor Zakrajšek was one of the pioneers of computer science in Slovenia ... systems, that is, Unix and Linux, he helped to modernize the lessons of computer science ...
... one of the schools of thought in the philosophy of mathematics, putting forth the theory that mathematics is an extension of logic and therefore some or all mathematics is reducible to logic ...
... Toeplitz's father and grandfather were mathematics teachers ... Toeplitz studied mathematics in the University of Breslau and was awarded a doctorate in algebraic geometry in 1905 ... Mathematics faculty included David Hilbert, Felix Klein, and Hermann Minkowski ...
... Each Middle School student follows a set curriculum in both math and science ... In science, students move from topics in life science in sixth, to topics in chemistry in seventh, to earth science in eighth ...
Famous quotes containing the words mathematics and and/or science:
“I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.”
—John Adams (17351826)
“We would be a lot safer if the Government would take its money out of science and put it into astrology and the reading of palms.... Only in superstition is there hope. If you want to become a friend of civilization, then become an enemy of the truth and a fanatic for harmless balderdash.”
—Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. (b. 1922)