- At a young age she competed in the Shell Road to Fame.
- Later, Jae became half of the duo New Generations.
- Jae returned to South Africa in 1999 to star in the musical extravaganza "Countdown", at the opening of the Carnival City Casino.
- Following a contract in Singapore, Jae returned home for good at the start of 2001.
- Jae is the first R&B artist in the history of the South African music industry to obtain Gold and Platinum status in the sales of her self-penned debut single Missing You. "Missing You" has since sold over 50,000 copies.
- In just two weeks, Jae's track "Missing You" was played on over sixty radio stations nationwide, ranking at No. 1 for 4 weeks on East Coast Radio.
- Jae opened the LoveLife Games.
- Jae was named by Cosmopolitan magazine as one of South Africa's 30 Most Awesome Women of the year 2002.
- Jae was nominated for two Radio Metro Awards for best Newcomer and Best R&B Artist.
- Jae was nominated for three SAMA (South African Music Association) Awards, Nominations were for Best Single -"Missing You" (N. B Music Records), Best R&B Album - "Missing You" (N.B. Music Records), and Best Newcomer.
- Jae was recently voted one of KZN's most influential woman in an online East Coast Radio Poll.
- Jae was the only non-Indian artist to perform at the Miss India Worldwide pageant.
- Jae was the support act on the Durban leg of United States R&B Superstar Usher Raymond's South Africa concert tour in November 2002.
- Jae was the KZN Department of Arts and Culture headline act and poster girl for their Heritage Day celebrations.
- Jae was SKIF's South African ambassador for the 2003 World Karate Championships held at the ICC in September 2003.
Read more about this topic: Jae
Other articles related to "career":
... Bench had 2048 hits for a.267 career batting average with 389 home runs and 1,376 RBI during his 17-year Major League career, all spent with the Reds ... He retired as the career home run leader for catchers, a record which stood until surpassed by Carlton Fisk and the current record holder, Mike Piazza ... In his career, Bench earned 10 Gold Gloves, was named to the National League All-Star team 14 times, and won two Most Valuable Player Awards ...
... Ruth Padel, also a chief candidate, was elected to the post ... Within days, The Telegraph reported that she had alerted journalists to the harassment cases ...
... Both she and the Osbourne family have been parodied in Channel 4 comedy, Bo' Selecta in which the rubber-masked Kelly, played by Leigh Francis, has her own show and is always being censored for swearing with bleeps ... In March 2009, Osbourne returned to television with the rest of the Osbourne family on Osbournes Reloaded. ...
... "Caledonia" has played a prominent role in Morrison's life and career. 1975 that Morrison has referred to Caledonia so many times in his career that he "seems to be obsessed with the word" ... in his paternal Scottish roots during his early career, and later in the ancient countryside of England, hence his repeated use of the term Caledonia (an ancient Roman name ...
... settled and happy family life that was essential to his political career ... the split with William Gladstone over Irish Home Rule in 1886 as the pivotal point of his career, rather than the adoption of tariff reform, and contained the famous line "All political lives, unless they are cut off ... putting conscience and duty to his constituents before loyalty to his party or the sake of his career ...
Famous quotes containing the word career:
“A black boxers career is the perfect metaphor for the career of a black male. Every day is like being in the gym, sparring with impersonal opponents as one faces the rudeness and hostility that a black male must confront in the United States, where he is the object of both fear and fascination.”
—Ishmael Reed (b. 1938)
“Never hug and kiss your children! Mother love may make your childrens infancy unhappy and prevent them from pursuing a career or getting married! Thats total hogwash, of course. But it shows on extreme example of what state-of-the-art scientific parenting was supposed to be in early twentieth-century America. After all, that was the heyday of efficiency experts, time-and-motion studies, and the like.”
—Lawrence Kutner (20th century)
“They want to play at being mothers. So let them. Expressing tenderness in their own way will not prevent girls from enjoying a successful career in the future; indeed, the ability to nurture is as valuable a skill in the workplace as the ability to lead.”
—Anne Roiphe (20th century)