Intersection has various meanings in different contexts:
- In mathematics and geometry
- Intersection (set theory), the set of elements common to some collection of sets
- Intersection matrix of the dimensionally extended nine-intersection model (DE-9IM)
- Line-line intersection
- Line-plane intersection
- Line–sphere intersection
- Intersection of a polyhedron with a line
- Line segment intersection
- Intersection theory
- Intersection (road), a place where two roads meet (line-line intersection)
- Intersection (aviation), a virtual navigational fix
- Intersection (land navigation), a method of obtaining a fix on an unknown position from two mapped points
- Intersectionality, a sociological theory about categorizations (e.g. ethnicity, gender, and religion) and the way those categorizations interact
- Constructive solid geometry, Boolean Intersection is one of the ways of combining 2D/3D shapes
Intersection may also refer to:
- Intersection (1994 film), a 1994 remake of the French film Les Choses de la vie
- Intersection (2012 film), an upcoming French thriller film
- Intersection (album), 2012 album by Nanci Griffith
- An element in the reality TV series The Amazing Race
- Intersections (1985–2005), a 2006 music CD box set released by Bruce Hornsby
- Intersection, 53rd World Science Fiction Convention, held in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1995
- Intersections (Dave House album), 2009
- Intersections (Mekong Delta album), 2012
- Intersections (arts festival)
- Intersections, Virginia
Intersect redirects here. It may refer to:
- Intersect (SQL), a set operator in SQL
- The Intersect, an intelligence database that is the central plot device in the TV series Chuck
- Intersect (video game)
Other articles related to "intersection":
... In Chuo Route 15 From the origin to Chiyoda (Sakuradamon intersection) Route 20 In Yokohama City, from Takashima-cho intersection to Hamamatsucho intersection Route 16 From Odawara City to Hakone ...
... NY 17K's western terminus is at an intersection with CR 76 (the old, two-lane alignment of NY 17 through the area) in the town of Wallkill ... It going up and down some gentle hills to the first traffic light, the six-way intersection with NY 302 (also the Long Path hiking trail) that serves as downtown Bullville. 1 mile (1.6 km) to the east lies Scotts Corners, NY 17K's intersection with NY 208 ...
... Diagonal intersection is a term used in mathematics, especially in set theory ... If is an ordinal number and is a sequence of subsets of, then the diagonal intersection, denoted by is defined to be That is, an ordinal is in the diagonal intersection. 0 to is used to avoid restricting the range of the intersection ...
... In Chuo, Tokyo, from the origin to Muromachi intersection Route 17 In Chuo Ward, Tokyo, from the origin to Honchō 3-chōme intersection Route 4 In Chuo, Tokyo, from the ...
... The southern terminus is an intersection with SR A1A near the Port Orange Causeway in Port Orange (SR A1A continues northeastward one block from the intersection before turning onto Dunlawton ...
Famous quotes containing the word intersection:
“If we are a metaphor of the universe, the human couple is the metaphor par excellence, the point of intersection of all forces and the seed of all forms. The couple is time recaptured, the return to the time before time.”
—Octavio Paz (b. 1914)
“You can always tell a Midwestern couple in Europe because they will be standing in the middle of a busy intersection looking at a wind-blown map and arguing over which way is west. European cities, with their wandering streets and undisciplined alleys, drive Midwesterners practically insane.”
—Bill Bryson (b. 1951)