Turn may refer to:
- Turn (music), a sequence of several notes next to each other in the scale
- Turn (band), an Irish rock group
- Turn LP, a 2005 rock album by Turn
- Turn (The Ex album), a 2004 punk album by The Ex
- "Turn" (Feeder song), a 2001 alternative rock song by Feeder
- Turn (Great Big Sea album), a 1999 fold album by Great Big Sea
- "Turn" (song), a 1999 alternative rock song by Travis
- Turn Records, an independent record label based in Santa Clara, California
- "Turn", a 1981 song by Dramatis from For Future Reference
- "Turn", a song from the 2001 album Echo Park by Welsh alternative rock band Feeder.
In other uses:
- Inventory turns, a management concept
- TURN or Traversal Using Relay NAT, a data-transfer protocol
- Turn (biochemistry), an element of secondary structure in proteins
- Turn (film), a 2001 Japanese film
- Turn (game), a segment of a game
- Turn (geometry), an angular unit equal to 360°
- Turn (knot), a component of a knot
- Turn (literature), a term in poetry also known as a volta
- Turn (poker), the fourth of five community cards
- Turn (policy debate), an argument that proves the opposite
- Turn (professional wrestling)
- The spin produced in spin bowling in cricket
- Turns in swimming, the act of turning around at the end of a pool in swimming
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Turn, a measure used by Innova Discs to evaluate flying disc performance
- Turn inc., a cross-channel marketing SaaS company in silicon valley
Read more about Turn: Place Name
Other articles related to "turn":
... A Michigan left is an at-grade intersection design which replaces each left turn with a permutation of a U-turn and a right turn ... In other contexts, the intersection is called a median U-turn crossover or median U-turn ... The design is also sometimes referred to as a boulevard turnaround or a thru turn intersection ...
... In the 1989 film Uncle Buck, the title character uses The Clapper to turn on the lights in his apartment In the pilot episode of Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns, Leroy Brown talked about how he went to a ... Connelly's TV so that he can turn it off from his apartment below by clapping ... Marge says "We don't have a clapper" the gag ends with the lamp flying out the window to turn it off ...
... backside is analogous to a toeside turn, and frontside is analogous to a heelside turn ... In the air, backside means that you turn the front of your body into the rotation first and frontside means you turn your back into the rotation first ...
... Slang" Ram Naravan – intro sarangi sample on "Turn to Dust" Craig Pruess – string and percussion arranging and conducting on "Turn to Dust" Av Singh – dohl on "Turn to Dust" Shyam Vatish – outro ...
... England Turn Village, in Lancashire, England Czech Republic German name of Trnovany. ...
Famous quotes containing the word turn:
“I would love to be able to write a tragedy in my imaginationit would turn into a masterpiece.”
—Franz Grillparzer (17911872)
“If the red slayer think he slays,
Or if the slain think he is slain,
They know not well the subtle ways
I keep, and pass, and turn again.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Researchers, with science as their authority, will be able to cut [animals] up, alive, into small pieces, drop them from a great height to see if they are shattered by the fall, or deprive them of sleep for sixteen days and nights continuously for the purposes of an iniquitous monograph.... Animal trust, undeserved faith, when at last will you turn away from us? Shall we never tire of deceiving, betraying, tormenting animals before they cease to trust us?”
—Colette [Sidonie Gabrielle Colette] (18731954)