Intermediate means "occurring between two extremes, or in the middle of a range". It comes from the Latin word 'intermedia' which literally means 'among the middle' ('Inter' means among; 'media' means middle) and may refer to:
- Intermediate 1 or Intermediate 2, educational qualifications in Scotland
- Intermediate (anatomy), the relative location of an anatomical structure lying between two other structures: see Anatomical terms of location
- Intermediate Edison Screw, a system of light bulb connectors
- Intermediate goods, goods used to produce other goods
- Middle school, also known as intermediate, school
- Reaction intermediate or intermediate, a short-lived, unstable molecule in a chemical reaction
- Intermediate car, an automobile size classification
- Intermediate cartridge, a type of firearms cartridge
Other articles related to "intermediate":
... Kahuku High Intermediate School, located in Kahuku CDP, City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu, serves approximately 1,850 students in grades seven through twelve and is part of the ... Known as the "Pride of the North Shore,” Kahuku High and Intermediate has academic and athletic programs and a Music Learning Center that features band and choral music which have garnered state and national ...
... use of microscopy especially plectin has been shown to directly connect microtubules to intermediate filaments as well as to each other ... to mediate interactions between actin and intermediate filaments and associate with each independently, a direct linkage by plectin between these two filaments has not been completely proven ... Plectin has been shown to directly link Myosin II motor proteins and intermediate filaments ...
... Out (1992), ensemble instrumental, ordinateur et bande Intermediate I (1994) Intermediate II (1994) Intermediate III (1994) Intermediate IV (1994) Isola (1985–86), chamber orchestra, and tape Jeux ...
10+2 is replacing the conventional modes of intermediate education - the Intermediate of Science (I ... Sc.), Intermediate of Commerce (I ... Comm.), Intermediate of Arts/Humanities (I ...
... The eggs are then ingested by an intermediate host, which is commonly either a fish or a small herbivorous mammal ... The larva hatches in the intermediate host and breaks through the wall of the intestine ... It then forms a cyst in the intermediate host's body ...
Famous quotes containing the word intermediate:
“Complete courage and absolute cowardice are extremes that very few men fall into. The vast middle space contains all the intermediate kinds and degrees of courage; and these differ as much from one another as mens faces or their humors do.”
—François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld (16131680)