Hold may refer to:
- Hold (banking/commerce), a now common practice by bankers and retailers (esp. gas stations)
- Hold (ship), interior cargo space
- Hold (aviation), a place for an aircraft to loop around near its destination
- Legal hold, a legal ruling or official declaration
- Hold (baseball), a statistic that may be awarded to a relief pitcher
- Hold (telephone), a condition where the call is not terminated, but no speech is taking place
- Grappling hold, a specific grip applied to an opponent in wrestling or martial arts
- Secret hold, a parliamentary procedure
- Hold (title), an ancient Anglo-Danish and Norwegian title
- Stronghold, a castle or other fortified place
- The cards that are kept in a hand of poker, not those discarded and replaced
- Holds of Pern, a city or community in the Dragonriders of Pern science-fiction series
- Marianne Hold (1933–1994), German actress
- "Hold", a song by Axium from Blindsided
- Handhold (dance)
Other articles related to "hold":
... rarity") Avast a nautical interjection (="hold! stop!"), probably worn down from Dutch houd vast (="hold fast" or "hold steady") ...
... Ushiro-kesa-gatame (後袈裟固?, Rear scarf hold) is an osaekomi-waza (holding technique) of Judo ... The hold works on the same basic principle as hon-kesa-gatame with the hold being applied across uke's chest with standard kesa-gatame leg positioning ...
... Hold time may also refer to The amount of time spend on hold in a phone queue Hold Time, album by M ...
... Frusciante had Smile from the Streets You Hold and Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt removed from record stores in 1998 after rejoining the ... He is quoted as saying that he released Smile from the Streets You Hold for drug money ... one day re-release Smile from the Streets You Hold, although this has yet to happen as of 2012 ...
... with Darwen Labour No overall control Details Bristol No overall control No overall control hold Derby No overall control No overall control hold Details ...
Famous quotes containing the word hold:
“There it is: it doesnt make any difference who we are or what we are, theres always somebody to look down on! somebody to hold in light esteem, somebody to be indifferent about.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)
“For I had expected always
Some brightness to hold in trust,
Some final innocence
To save from dust;”
—Stephen Spender (19091995)
“Happy are those who find wisdom, and those who get understanding, for her income is better than silver, and her revenue better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called happy.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Proverbs 3:13-18.