Hold may refer to:
- Hold (banking/commerce), a now common practice by bankers and retailers (esp. gas stations)
- Hold (ship), interior cargo space
- Hold (aviation), a place for an aircraft to loop around near its destination
- Legal hold, a legal ruling or official declaration
- Hold (baseball), a statistic that may be awarded to a relief pitcher
- Hold (telephone), a condition where the call is not terminated, but no speech is taking place
- Grappling hold, a specific grip applied to an opponent in wrestling or martial arts
- Secret hold, a parliamentary procedure
- Hold (title), an ancient Anglo-Danish and Norwegian title
- Stronghold, a castle or other fortified place
- The cards that are kept in a hand of poker, not those discarded and replaced
- Holds of Pern, a city or community in the Dragonriders of Pern science-fiction series
- Marianne Hold (1933–1994), German actress
- "Hold", a song by Axium from Blindsided
- Handhold (dance)
Other articles related to "hold":
... Frusciante had Smile from the Streets You Hold and Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt removed from record stores in 1998 after rejoining the Red Hot Chili ... saying that he released Smile from the Streets You Hold for drug money ... stated he will one day re-release Smile from the Streets You Hold, although this has yet to happen as of 2012 ...
... Hold time may also refer to The amount of time spend on hold in a phone queue Hold Time, album by M ...
... (="difference, rarity") Avast a nautical interjection (="hold! stop!"), probably worn down from Dutch houd vast (="hold fast" or "hold steady") ...
... Ushiro-kesa-gatame (後袈裟固?, Rear scarf hold) is an osaekomi-waza (holding technique) of Judo ... The hold works on the same basic principle as hon-kesa-gatame with the hold being applied across uke's chest with standard kesa-gatame leg positioning ...
... with Darwen Labour No overall control Details Bristol No overall control No overall control hold Derby No overall control No overall control hold Details Halton Labour Labour hold Details ...
Famous quotes containing the word hold:
“Its a great advantage not to drink among hard-drinking people. You can hold your tongue and, moreover, you can time any little irregularity of your own so that everybody else is so blind that they dont see or care.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald (18961940)
“Knowing does not always allow us to prevent, but at least the things that we know, we hold them, if not in our hands, but at least in our thoughts where we may dispose of them at our whim, which gives us the illusion of power over them.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“It is not, nor it cannot come to good.
But break, my heart, for I must hold my tongue.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)