Hold may refer to:
- Hold (banking/commerce), a now common practice by bankers and retailers (esp. gas stations)
- Hold (ship), interior cargo space
- Hold (aviation), a place for an aircraft to loop around near its destination
- Legal hold, a legal ruling or official declaration
- Hold (baseball), a statistic that may be awarded to a relief pitcher
- Hold (telephone), a condition where the call is not terminated, but no speech is taking place
- Grappling hold, a specific grip applied to an opponent in wrestling or martial arts
- Secret hold, a parliamentary procedure
- Hold (title), an ancient Anglo-Danish and Norwegian title
- Stronghold, a castle or other fortified place
- The cards that are kept in a hand of poker, not those discarded and replaced
- Holds of Pern, a city or community in the Dragonriders of Pern science-fiction series
- Marianne Hold (1933–1994), German actress
- "Hold", a song by Axium from Blindsided
- Handhold (dance)
Other articles related to "hold":
... (="difference, rarity") Avast a nautical interjection (="hold! stop!"), probably worn down from Dutch houd vast (="hold fast" or "hold steady") ...
... Hold time may also refer to The amount of time spend on hold in a phone queue Hold Time, album by M ...
... Ushiro-kesa-gatame (後袈裟固?, Rear scarf hold) is an osaekomi-waza (holding technique) of Judo ... The hold works on the same basic principle as hon-kesa-gatame with the hold being applied across uke's chest with standard kesa-gatame leg positioning ...
... Frusciante had Smile from the Streets You Hold and Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt removed from record stores in 1998 after rejoining the Red Hot Chili ... that he released Smile from the Streets You Hold for drug money ... and in the early 2000s, Frusciante stated he will one day re-release Smile from the Streets You Hold, although this has yet to happen as of 2012 ...
... No overall control Details Bristol No overall control No overall control hold Derby No overall control No overall control hold Details Halton Labour Labour hold Details Hartlepool Labour Labour hold ...
Famous quotes containing the word hold:
“If you can hold your present position, we shall hive the enemy yet.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“There is a plain distinction to be made betwixt pleasure and happiness. For tho there can be no happiness without pleasureyet the converse of the proposition will not hold true.We are so made, that from the common gratifications of our appetites, and the impressions of a thousand objects, we snatch the one, like a transient gleam, without being suffered to taste the other.”
—Laurence Sterne (17131768)
“Everybody knows there is no fineness or accuracy of suppression; if you hold down one thing, you hold down the adjoining.”
—Saul Bellow (b. 1915)