Hold may refer to:
- Hold (banking/commerce), a now common practice by bankers and retailers (esp. gas stations)
- Hold (ship), interior cargo space
- Hold (aviation), a place for an aircraft to loop around near its destination
- Legal hold, a legal ruling or official declaration
- Hold (baseball), a statistic that may be awarded to a relief pitcher
- Hold (telephone), a condition where the call is not terminated, but no speech is taking place
- Grappling hold, a specific grip applied to an opponent in wrestling or martial arts
- Secret hold, a parliamentary procedure
- Hold (title), an ancient Anglo-Danish and Norwegian title
- Stronghold, a castle or other fortified place
- The cards that are kept in a hand of poker, not those discarded and replaced
- Holds of Pern, a city or community in the Dragonriders of Pern science-fiction series
- Marianne Hold (1933–1994), German actress
- "Hold", a song by Axium from Blindsided
- Handhold (dance)
Other articles related to "hold":
... Frusciante had Smile from the Streets You Hold and Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt removed from record stores in 1998 after rejoining the Red Hot Chili Peppers ... He is quoted as saying that he released Smile from the Streets You Hold for drug money ... the early 2000s, Frusciante stated he will one day re-release Smile from the Streets You Hold, although this has yet to happen as of 2012 ...
... Ushiro-kesa-gatame (後袈裟固?, Rear scarf hold) is an osaekomi-waza (holding technique) of Judo ... The hold works on the same basic principle as hon-kesa-gatame with the hold being applied across uke's chest with standard kesa-gatame leg positioning ...
... (="difference, rarity") Avast a nautical interjection (="hold! stop!"), probably worn down from Dutch houd vast (="hold fast" or "hold steady") ...
... Hold time may also refer to The amount of time spend on hold in a phone queue Hold Time, album by M ...
... with Darwen Labour No overall control Details Bristol No overall control No overall control hold Derby No overall control No overall control hold ...
Famous quotes containing the word hold:
“What I am, and what I think, is conveyed to you, in spite of my efforts to hold it back.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“For hours, in fall days, I watched the ducks cunningly tack and veer and hold the middle of the pond, far from the sportsman;... but what beside safety they got by sailing in the middle of Walden I do not know, unless they love its water for the same reason that I do.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“I am a working woman. I take care of a home. I hold down a job. I am nuts.”
—Barbara Dale (b. 1940)