Grand Prix C. F. Ramuz
The Grand Prix C.F. Ramuz is a literary award presented every five years by the Foundation C.F. Ramuz to honour a writer's entire work. It has been awarded from 1955 until 2005. The foundation's stated goals are to:
- maintain the memory of Charles Ferdinand Ramuz, and keep his works alive.
- support the diffusion and the republication of the works of the writer.
- support critical translations and work, particularly through conferences.
- help with the creation of spectacles drawn from Ramuz's work.
- encourage French literary creation and Swiss writers of the French language
The foundation also presents a tri-annual Poetry Prize, the 'Prix de poésie'.
Read more about Grand Prix C. F. Ramuz: Laureates
Famous quotes containing the word grand:
“The great challenge which faces us is to assure that, in our society of big-ness, we do not strangle the voice of creativity, that the rules of the game do not come to overshadow its purpose, that the grand orchestration of society leaves ample room for the man who marches to the music of another drummer.”
—Hubert H. Humphrey (19111978)