Governing body may refer to:
- The governing body of a school in England, Northern Ireland or Wales, composed of school governors
- Board of education, the governing body of a school or higher administrative level
- University Court, the governing body of a university in Scotland
- The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Governing Body Commission of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness
- Governing Bodies of the Conference of European Churches
- Sport governing body, a regulating authority for sports
- Board of governors, the governing body of a public institution
- Board of directors, the governing body of a company
Other articles related to "governing body":
... – the BDA, which was formally constituted as the governing body for the sport of Dragon Boat Racing in the UK at an inaugural meeting held at the National Water Sports Centre, Nottingham ... the BDA was recognised by the Central Council for Physical Recreation (CCPR) as the sport's governing body and admitted into its membership ... Boat Racing was recognised by the Sports Council in 1992 and the BDA as its Governing Body received recognition in 1994 ...
... Vanuatu Cricket Association is the official governing body of cricket in Vanuatu ... Its current headquarters is in Port Vila ...
... There is no single national governing body for American football in the United States or a continental governing body for North America ... There is an international governing body, the International Federation of American Football, or IFAF, but it does not have much influence in American ...
... The WDC dropped its claim to be a world governing body and renamed itself the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) ... The PDC accepted / recognized the WDF as the governing body for the Sport of Darts worldwide, and the BDO the governing body for darts in the UK ...
... of CUP in 1953 an eve-of-retirement memo to the Governing Body (which duly recorded UCC’s gratitude for his generosity and long service to the Press) O ... he had never drawn his salary as a lecturer in Sociology and had asked the Governing Body to pay the equivalent amount to the Press ... an internal College service, its not inconsiderable publication costs should be borne by the Governing Body ...
Famous quotes containing the words body and/or governing:
“Men should not labor foolishly like brutes, but the brain and the body should always, or as much as possible, work and rest together, and then the work will be of such a kind that when the body is hungry the brain will be hungry also, and the same food will suffice for both; otherwise the food which repairs the waste energy of the overwrought body will oppress the sedentary brain, and the degenerate scholar will come to esteem all food vulgar, and all getting a living drudgery.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“... governing is occupying but not interesting, governments are occupying but not interesting ...”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)