Fund may refer to:
- Funding is the act of providing resources, usually in form of money, or other values such as effort or time, for a project, a person, a business, or any other private or public institution
- The process of soliciting and gathering funds is known as fundraising
- A Collective investment scheme or vehicle, often referred to as a fund
- Mutual fund, a specific type of collective investment in the United States
- Hedge fund, an investment vehicle open only to investors who are qualified in some way
- Fund Accounting, an accounting system often used by nonprofit organizations and by the public sector
- Meir Fund, American rabbi
- FUND or FUND92, short names for the "International Convention on the Establishment of an International Fund for Compensation for Oil Pollution Damage, 1992."
Other articles related to "fund, funds":
... A "fund of funds" (FOF) is an investment strategy of holding a portfolio of other investment funds rather than investing directly in stocks, bonds or other ... A fund of funds may be 'fettered', meaning that it invests only in funds managed by the same investment company, or 'unfettered', meaning that it can ... There are different types of 'fund of funds', each investing in a different type of collective investment scheme (typically one type per FoF), for example 'mutual fund' FoF, hedge fund FoF ...
... Lykken has defended his acceptance of money from the fund, writing "If you can find me some rich villains that want to contribute to my research—Qaddafi, the Mafia, whoever—the worse ... on the pros and cons of the case of the Pioneer Fund, but what matters to me—and should matter to my readers—is that I have been totally free to research and write as I chose ... review of Richard Lynn's book on the Pioneer Fund, psychologist Ulrich Neisser, a prominent critic of race-based research, writes "All things considered, I doubt that the Pioneer Fund ...
... The Pioneer Fund is an American non-profit foundation established in 1937 "to advance the scientific study of heredity and human differences." Until his death on 2 October 2012, the fund was headed by ... Philippe Rushton, the fund states that it focuses on projects it perceives will not be easily funded due to controversial subject matter ... Two of the most notable studies funded by the Pioneer Fund are the Minnesota Study of Twins Reared Apart and the Texas Adoption Project, which studied the similarities ...
... Management fees for Funds Of Funds are typically higher than those on traditional investment funds because they include the management fees charged by the underlying funds ... As in the case of schemes of mutual funds, FOF schemes also work under the due diligence of a fund manager ... Every fund manager has a particular style of diversification ...
... this position led him to found his own hedge fund, Cramer Co ... The fund operated out of the offices of hedge fund pioneer Michael Steinhardt's Steinhardt, Fine, Berkowitz Co ... During Cramer's tenure of the fund, from 1988–2000, he had one year of negative returns in 1998 ...
Famous quotes containing the word fund:
“School success is not predicted by a childs fund of facts or a precocious ability to read as much as by emotional and social measures; being self-assured and interested: knowing what kind of behavior is expected and how to rein in the impulse to misbehave; being able to wait, to follow directions, and to turn to teachers for help; and expressing needs while getting along with other children.”
—Daniel Goleman (20th century)
“I am advised that there is an unexpended balance of about $45,000 of the fund appropriated for the relief of the sufferers by flood upon the Mississippi River and its tributaries, and I recommend that authority be given to use this fund to meet the most urgent necessities of the poorer people in Oklahoma.”
—Benjamin Harrison (18331901)