- Good Friday is the Friday before Easter in the Christian calendar. It commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus.
- Black Friday refers to any one of several historical disasters that happened on Fridays, and, in a general sense, to any Friday the 13th.
- In the United States, Black Friday is also the nickname of the day after Thanksgiving, the first day of the traditional Christmas shopping season.
- Country and Western Friday. In some cultures, it's customary to don Cowboy attire in lieu of an offices' standard dress code.
- Casual Friday (also called Dress-down Friday or Aloha Friday) is a relaxation of the formal dress code employed by some corporations for that one day of the week.
- POETS Day is a term used by workers in the United Kingdom and Australia to refer to Friday being the last day of the work week. It commonly stands for Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday.
Read more about this topic: Friday
Other articles related to "day, days, named, named days, named day":
... It is the day before the men are called to war, Fort Sumter having been fired on two days earlier ... The following day at the Wilkeses' barbecue at "Twelve Oaks," Scarlett informs Ashley she loves him and Ashley admits he cares for her ... at merely sixteen, she gives birth to a boy, Wade Hampton Hamilton, named after his father's general ...
... The tzolk'in calendar combines a cycle of twenty named days with another cycle of thirteen numbers (the trecena), to produce 260 unique days (i.e ... Each successive named day was numbered from 1 up to 13 and then starting again at 1 ... There were 20 individual named days, as shown in the table below Tzolk'in calendar named days and associated glyphs (in sequence) Seq ...
... film is the third chapter of a shared story that began with Days of Being Wild and continued with In the Mood for Love ... the third is about Chow and a different woman who is also named Su Li-Zhen ... the protagonist, a lonely Japanese man named Tak (played by Takuya Kimura) ...
... Black Saturday is a day named after the beginning of a tragic bushfire in Victoria, Australia ... Holy Saturday is the day before Easter ... Lazarus Saturday is the day before Palm Sunday, and is part of the Holy Week ...
Famous quotes containing the words days and/or named:
“If ever a man and his wife, or a man and his mistress, who pass nights as well as days together, absolutely lay aside all good breeding, their intimacy will soon degenerate into a coarse familiarity, infallibly productive of contempt or disgust.”
—Philip Dormer Stanhope, 4th Earl Chesterfield (16941773)
“Hast thou named all the birds without a gun?
Loved the wood rose, and left it on its stalk?
At rich mens tables eaten bread and pulse?
Unarmed, faced danger with a heart of trust?”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)