Foreign may refer to:
- Foreign corporation, a U.S. concept for a corporation that can do business outside its jurisdiction
- Foreign key, a constraint in a relational database
- Foreign language, a language not spoken by the people of a certain place
- Foreign policy, how a country interacts with other countries of the world
- Foreign film, also known as world cinema, are films and film industries of non-English speaking countries
- Foreign accent syndrome, a rare side effect of severe brain injury
- Foreign Policy, an American magazine
- An exogenous antigen that stimulates an immune response
- A concept in Buddhist philosophy, the "non-self" or "absence of separate self"
Other articles related to "foreign":
... The Foreign policy of Pakistan sets out in the way it interacts with foreign nations and to determine its standard of interactions for its organizations, corporations and individual citizens ... The Foreign Minister of Pakistan is the official charged with state-to-state diplomacy, although the Prime minister maintains an ultimate authority over foreign policy ... The state foreign policy includes defining the national interest, as well as the economic interest and strategies chosen both to safeguard that and to achieve its policy goals ...
... Development (NZAID), a semi-autonomous body within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade ... In 2007 New Zealand was the sixth lowest foreign aid donor in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), based on proportion of gross national income (GNI ...
... The foreign relations of New Zealand are oriented chiefly toward developed democratic nations and emerging Pacific economies ... generally agreed on the broad outlines of foreign policy, and the current coalition government has been active in promoting free trade, nuclear disarmament, and arms control ...
... Pakistan has a fierce independent foreign policy, especially when it comes to issues such as development of nuclear weapons, construction of nuclear reactors, foreign military purchases ...
... The foreign relations of Mexico are directed by the President of the United Mexican States and managed through the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs ... The principles of the foreign policy are constitutionally recognized in the Article 89, Section 10, which include respect for international law and legal equality of states, their ... Once the order was reestablished, its foreign policy was built under hemispheric prestige in subsequent decades ...
Famous quotes containing the word foreign:
“Our day of dependence, our long apprenticeship to the learning of other lands, draws to a close. The millions, that around us are rushing into life, cannot always be fed on the sere remains of foreign harvests.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“If one mistreats citizens of foreign countries, one infringes upon ones duty toward ones own subjects; for thus one exposes them to the law of retribution.”
—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (17491832)
“We should meet each morning, as from foreign countries, and spending the day together, should depart at night, as into foreign countries.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)