Fill may refer to:
- Fill dirt, soil added to an area.
- Fill (music), a short segment of instrumental music.
- In textiles, the filling yarn is the same as weft, the yarn which is shuttled back and forth across the warp to create a woven fabric.
- In finance, a fill is the fulfillment of a part or whole of an order at a given price by a broker or counterparty
- Fill flash, a technique in photography where the flash is used in bright locations to prevent shadows from being underexposed.
- Flood fill, in graphic design fills a color, pattern, or texture in an area.
- Matter that is contained in a pillow, cushion, quilt, etc., or used to protect items in a package; it may have more specific names, e.g., fiberfil, foamfill, etc., some being tradenames or brands.
Other articles related to "fill":
... The fill-in of a matrix are those entries which change from an initial zero to a non-zero value during the execution of an algorithm ... and the number of arithmetic operations used during an algorithm it is useful to minimize the fill-in by switching rows and columns in the matrix ... be used to calculate the worst possible fill-in before doing the actual Cholesky decomposition ...
... On June 1, 2009, Steve Dillard was nominated by Georgia State Senator Cecil Staton (R) to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court of Georgia, and, on July 1, 2009, Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue's Office of ... In October 2010, Governor Perdue appointed Dillard to fill one of two vacancies on the Georgia Court of Appeals ...
... and at the resulting by-election on 15 October 1894, Edward Hooley was elected unopposed to fill the vacancy ... Murray, and at the resulting by-election on 12 January 1895, William James George was elected to fill the vacancy ... on 22 May 1895, Matthew Moss was elected to fill the vacancy ...
... The fill command could wrap any number of commands within its parentheses, allowing it to fill complex shapes ... a "temporary write" that allowed the programmer to set the fill style within the fill, and abandon it as soon as it ended ...
... The KIK-20 Secure DTD2000 System (SDS) is a key fill device developed by Sypris Electronics, Florida, US, under the auspices of the U.S ... intended to eventually replace the AN/CYZ-10 key fill device, along with older units still in service, and can support a wide variety of cryptographic devices and key types ... It also has a 6-pin connector for cabling to NSA standard fill connectors ...
Famous quotes containing the word fill:
“I pity the men whose natural pleasures are burthens, and who fly from joy ... as if it was really an evil in itself.... Poor unfortunate creature that he is! as if the causes of anguish in the heart were not enowbut he must fill up the measure, with those of caprice; and not only walk in a vain shadow,but disquiet himself in vain too.”
—Laurence Sterne (17131768)
“Oh! Duty is an icy shadow. It will freeze you. It cannot fill the hearts sanctuary.”
—Augusta Evans (18351909)
“For me, the child is a veritable image of becoming, of possibility, poised to reach towards what is not yet, towards a growing that cannot be predetermined or prescribed. I see her and I fill the space with others like her, risking, straining, wanting to find out, to ask their own questions, to experience a world that is shared.”
—Maxine Greene (20th century)