Ellen may refer to:
- Ellen (given name), a female given name
- Television programs with Ellen DeGeneres:
- Ellen (TV series) (aka These Friends of Mine, 1994–1998), a sitcom about a bookstore owner
- The Ellen Show (2001–2002), a sitcom about a woman returning to her hometown
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show (2003–present), a talk show that includes celebrity interviews
- Ellen MacArthur or Dame Ellen, English sailor
- Hurricane Ellen, 1973
- River Ellen, a river in the English county of Cumbria
- Tropical Storm Ellen (disambiguation)
- USS Ellen, more than one United States Navy ship
- Ellen (1883), a ship wrecked in South Australia
Other articles related to "ellen":
... American actress, best known for her television role as Ellen's annoying friend Audrey Penney in Ellen DeGeneres' sitcom Ellen ...
... to the shore of Loch Katrine, where a young woman, Ellen Douglas, rows across and picks him up in a skiff ... There he is given dinner by Ellen, the bard Allan Bane, and Lady Margaret, and a bed for the night ... That night he dreams of Ellen, only to see her face suddenly change to that of his exiled enemy, James Douglas – leading him to suspect that Ellen and James Douglas are related ...
... The next morning, Ellen and Allan Bane enter the guard-room at Stirling Castle, hoping to visit Douglas in prison ... Ellen is taken to a furnished room upstairs to wait Allan Bane is shown to the cell of the gravely injured Roderick Dhu, who dies as Allan sings him one last song ... Meanwhile, leaning out of the window, Ellen is startled and heartbroken to hear the voice of Malcolm Graeme, singing in one of the turrets ...
... Mary Ellen Iskenderian is President and CEO of Women's World Banking since September 2006 ... Prior to joining WWB, Mary Ellen was a senior manager at the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group and held leadership positions including Director of Partnership Development ...
... Ellen is the mother of Saddler, the cousin of Jake and Rachel ... Her husband is George, and either she or George is a sibling of Dan or Steve Berenson ...
Famous quotes containing the word ellen:
“Party action should follow, not precede the creation of a dominant popular sentiment.”
—J. Ellen Foster (18401910)
“I envy neither the heart nor the head of any legislator who has been born to an inheritance of privileges, who has behind him ages of education, dominion, civilization, and Christianity, if he stands opposed to the passage of a national education bill, whose purpose is to secure education to the children of those who were born under the shadow of institutions which made it a crime to read.”
—Frances Ellen Watkins Harper (18251911)