Science and Technology
- DRACO (antiviral), a group of experimental antiviral drugs
- Draco (constellation), a constellation in the northern part of the sky
- Draco (dwarf galaxy), a dwarf galaxy orbiting the Milky Way
- Draco (genus), a genus of gliding lizards.
- Draco (programming language), a shareware programming language for CP/M and the Amiga
- Draco (rocket engine), an orbital maneuvering thruster being built for the SpaceX Dragon and upper stage of the Falcon 9 spacecraft
- Draco, the database engine used by FileMaker Pro
- DraCo, a partly Amiga compatible computer built by MacroSystem AG
- Draco GNU/Linux, a Linux distribution
- Draco, a drug produced at MIT
Read more about this topic: Draco
Other articles related to "science, science and, science and technology, technology":
... establish what would eventually become the World Academy of Art and Science in 1960 ... of 1955, nor, though invited, did he attend the first Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs in 1957 ... stressed the difficulty of managing the power of knowledge in a world in which the freedom of science to exchange ideas was more and more hobbled by political concerns ...
... See also Politicization of science Many issues damage the relationship of science to the media and the use of science and scientific arguments by ... or think tank makes it their only goal to cast doubt on supported science because it conflicts with political agendas ...
... van-NEE-var March 11, 1890 – June 28, 1974) was an American engineer, inventor and science administrator known for his work on analog computers, for his role as an initiator and ... the activities of some six thousand leading American scientists in the application of science to warfare ... II, when he was in effect the first presidential science advisor ...
... The National Science Board established the Vannevar Bush Award (/væˈniːvər/ van-NEE-vər) in 1980 to honor Dr ... The annual award recognizes an individual who, through public service activities in science and technology, has made an outstanding "contribution toward ... behind the establishment of the National Science Foundation ...
... in library and information science Charles Elachi, M.S ... Advisory to the Food and Drug Administration, National Science Foundation, the National Research Foundation, and the Ford Foundation David Ho – physician and AIDS researcher 1996 Time Person of the Year. 1979 – former chief technology officer, Microsoft board of trustees member, Institute for Advanced Study Michael Morhaime, B.S ...
Famous quotes containing the words science and, technology and/or science:
“Today the function of the artist is to bring imagination to science and science to imagination, where they meet, in the myth.”
—Cyril Connolly (19031974)
“The successor to politics will be propaganda. Propaganda, not in the sense of a message or ideology, but as the impact of the whole technology of the times.”
—Marshall McLuhan (19111980)
“Current illusion is that science has abolished all natural laws.”
—Marshall McLuhan (19111980)