Depot ( /ˈdɛpoʊ/ DEP-oh or /ˈdiːpoʊ/ DEE-poh) is from the French dépôt which means a deposit (as in geology or banking) or a storehouse. In English, depot can mean any one of a number of things, with minor variances between the different English speaking countries:
- Train station
- Bus station
- Bus garage, where buses are stored when not in use
- Motive power depot, where trains and trams are stored when not in use
- Transport hub for freight
- Oil depot
- Propellant depot, which supplies fuel to spacecraft
- Castaway depot, contains stores and survival gear for victims of shipwrecks
- An application in the Radio Service Software
- The format for Hewlett-Packard's Software Distributor
- Regimental depot, the headquarters and training grounds of a regiment
- Main Operating Base, an overseas base for the US military
- Logistics center
- The Home Depot and Office Depot, a store
- Depot, Poland, a village
- Injection (medicine)#Depot_injection
- RCMP Academy, Depot Division, in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Maxwell Street Depot in Chicago, United States
- "Depot" is a term used for providing details on the account held by one bank with another where it does not exist.
Other articles related to "depot, depots":
... The depot was constructed in 1915 on Latrobe Terrace, Paddington by the Brisbane Tramways Company to service its western suburbs routes ... Initially the depot had 10 roads, but it was subsequently lengthened and widened to 13 roads ... The front of the depot was at street level, but owing to the slope of the site, the rear of the depot was supported by a forest of timber supports, some over 50 feet (15 m) high ...
... Many buildings in Genesee Depot are the originals from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, including “the original section of St ... dating back to the 1860’s, behind which stood the Genesee Woolen Mill and the new railroad depot built in 1897 after the first one burned down ... originally stood on Hwy 83 and serves diners today as the Genesee Depot Café.” The original town hall, now the Wales-Genesee Lions and Lioness Club, was built in 1912 ...
... Hicksville station's first depot opened on March 1, 1837, as the temporary terminus of the LIRR ... Ten years later on July 15, 1864, the first depot burned down ... A second depot opened in September 1873, and was moved to a private location in 1909 ...
... Versioned file content is stored in a master directory hierarchy whose top levels are called "depots" ... Text file revisions are stored as RCS deltas and binary file revisions are stored in their entirety ...
... The Hornsby Maintenance Depot is a large CityRail train depot in the northern Sydney suburb of Asquith, New South Wales, Australia ... The depot opened in 1928 and was one of four electric train depots built under the Bradfield electrification plan, the other depots being at Mortdale, Flemington and Punchbowl (later closed) ... The depot features 9 roads under the main shed (numbered 1-9), five outdoor roads (numbered 11-15), two of which (11 and 12) are elevated, a train washing facility (16 road) and several short outdoor ...