Deepak (दीपक Dīpak) is a Sanskrit word meaning lamp (diya), or source of light. In the twentieth century, it became very popular as a first name for male Hindus. Names like Deepa (female), Deepika (female), Deepthi (female), Deepan (male), Deepali (female) and many others are related to Deepak.
The names mentioned above are related to light or the holder of light - lamp,
- Deepak,Dipak (male) - lamp, candle means who gave light on his own behalf;
- Deepa (female) - a lamp;
- Deep (male) - wick/flame of the lamp;
- Deepankar (male) - one who lights lamps;
- Deependra (male) - lord of light;
- Deepit (male) - lighted;
- Deepanjali (female) - offerings of lamps;
- Deepmala (female) - garland of lamps,tower of lamps;
- Deepali( female) - collection of lamps;
- Deepika (female) - a little light;
- Deepamalika (female) - garland of lamps;
- Deepunja (male) - light of lamp;
- Deepti (female) - glow, shine;
- Deepthi (female) - glow, shine;
- Deepanshu (male) - glow,
- Devika (female) load devi
In Hinduism light is the symbol of knowledge.
Read more about Deepak: Notable People Whose Names Are Deepak
Other articles related to "deepak":
... Karishma Kapoor - Jyoti Rahul Roy - Deepak Jackie Shroff - Himself Dimple Kapadia - Herself Gulshan Grover - Gulu/Gulshan Aruna Irani - Shalini (Jyoti's mother ...
... Deepak Ananthapadmanabha (full name Deepak Colundalur Ananthapadmanabha) is an online journalist and comedian based in New York City who hosts "The Circuit", a weekly online show on MOJO HD ...
... Malaysian Indian businessman Deepak Jaikishan in the later part of 2012 held several press conferences regarding his role in the retraction of Balasubramaniam's first statutory declaration and the supposed coercion ... Deepak has also made claims denying that he is not currently being sponsored by the Malaysian opposition Pakatan Rakyat or its leader Anwar Ibrahim, despite claims by certain parties that he is ... Deepak has expressed regret in being involved in the Altantuya affair ...
... So she meets Deepak and they both fall in love ... with her daughters choice and lets her marry Deepak ... But Jyoti comes to know that Deepak is not a wealthy guy as he pretended all along the way ...
... Deepak Acharya, Ethnobotanist and microbiologist Deepak Kumar, Historian Deepak Chopra, Medical doctor and writer Deepak Tijori, Indian actor and director Deepak Verma, British-Asian actor ...