Decoration may refer to:
- Decorative arts
- the craft of a house painter and decorator
- An object or act intended to increase beauty of a person, room, etc.
- An object, such as a medal or an order, that is awarded to honor the recipient: see List of prizes, medals, and awards
- Cake decorating, the art of making a usually ordinary cake visually interesting
- USB decoration, a decorative device that uses the Universal Serial Bus connector
- Christmas decoration, decorations used at Christmas time
- In-glaze decoration, a method of decorating ceramics - decoration applied before firing
- On-glaze decoration, a method of decorating ceramics - decoration applied after glazing
- In-mould decoration, a method of decorating moulded plastics
- Interior design, the internal finishing of a building
- Name decoration, a technique used in most programming languages
- Window decoration, in computing are the window's visual elements drawn by a window manager
- Web decoration, conspicuous silk structure in the webs of some spiders
Other articles related to "decoration":
... אות השירות בישראל) is an Israeli military decoration ... The criteria for the awarding of the decoration is a service of at least two years in Israel ... insulted Israel or the Jewish people the decoration would be withheld ...
... Carmelo Patrono Gianni Quaranta 1973 Best Art Direction/Set Decoration Brother Sun, Sister Moon (Fratello sole, sorella luna) Nominated Gianni Quaranta Franco Zeffirelli 1987 Best Art Direction/Set Decoration ... Lo Schiavo 2002 Best Art Direction/Set Decoration Gangs of New York Nominated Dante Ferretti and Francesca Lo Schiavo 2004 Best Art Direction The Aviator Won Dante ...
... Awards The 3rd degree Nation Liberation Decoration The 2nd degree Labor Decoration The 1st degree Independence Decoration Hồ Chí Minh Award A scholarship for Young ...
... The decoration was created by a decree of May 26, 1920, under the name Médaille d'honneur de la famille française (Medal of Honour of the French Family) with ... before being completely reformed by a decree of October 28, 1982, which renamed the decoration Médaille de la Famille française (Medal of the French Family) ... The reform opened the award of the decoration to fathers or anyone else who had raised several children in an appropriate way for example, the Catholic ...
... The interior decoration is largely by Henry Charles Fehr ... It is a library of symbolism, for which Fehr was justly famous ...
Famous quotes containing the word decoration:
“The question mark is alright when it is all alone when it
is used as a brand on cattle or when it could be used
in decoration but connected with writing it is
completely entirely completely uninteresting.... A
question is a question, anybody can know that a
question is a question and so why add to it the
question mark when it is already there when the
question is already there in the writing.”
—Gertrude Stein (18741946)
“If there be any man who thinks the ruin of a race of men a small matter, compared with the last decoration and completions of his own comfort,who would not so much as part with his ice- cream, to save them from rapine and manacles, I think I must not hesitate to satisfy that man that also his cream and vanilla are safer and cheaper by placing the negro nation on a fair footing than by robbing them.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)