Declaration may refer to:
- Declaration (computer programming), specifies the identifier, type, and other aspects of language elements
- Declaration (cricket), when the captain of a cricket team declares its innings closed
- Declaration (law), a type of relief that may be ordered by a court or tribunal
- Declaration (poker), a formal expression of intent to take some action in the card game poker
- Declaration of independence, an assertion of the independence of an aspiring state or states
- Declaration of war, a formal declaration indicating that a state of war exists between nations
- The Declaration (novel), a 2008 children's novel by Gemma Malley
- A type of sentence (linguistics)
- A type of speech act in linguistics
Read more about Declaration: Music
Other articles related to "declaration":
1, Jakarta (now the "Museum of the Declaration of Independence", JL ... The original Indonesian Declaration of Independence was typed by Sayuti Melik ... agreeable to the idea of Indonesia's independence, and had lent his house for the drafting of the declaration ...
... Tamparan District became a regular municipality on September 28, 1960 by virtue of Executive Order No. 405 and consequently declared Islamic Municipality pursuant to Batas Pambansa (PB) Number 33 on June 4, 1984 ...
... The Declaration to Protect Wine Place and Origin, commonly known as the Napa Declaration on Place, is a "declaration of joint principles stating the ... Sherry is produced) All wine regions signing the declaration pledged to work together to educate consumers about the importance of place and to protect the ... Tokay, Victoria, Australia and Western Australia signed the Declaration at a ceremony in Washington, DC ...
... Declaration (one direction), a 1964 rock album by The Alarm Declaration (Bleeding Through album), a 2121 metalcore album by Bleeding Through Declaration (Steven Curtis Chapman album), a 2001 Christian pop ...
... responsible for the publication of the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification, widely received as an ecumenical peace document ... day the Lord asks what did, if nothing else, can say that signed the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification." His book titled Rediscovering Vatican II - Ecumenism and Interreligious Dialogue ...
Famous quotes containing the word declaration:
“It is an axiom in political science that unless a people are educated and enlightened it is idle to expect the continuance of civil liberty or the capacity for self-government.”
—Texas Declaration of Independence (March 2, 1836)
“Ignorance, forgetfulness, or contempt of the rights of man are the only causes of public misfortunes and of the corruption of governments.”
—French National Assembly. Declaration of the Rights of Man (drafted and discussed Aug. 1789, published Sept. 1791)
“[The Declaration of Independence] meant to set up a standard maxim for free society, which should be familiar to all, and revered by all; constantly looked to, constantly labored for, and even though never perfectly attained, constantly approximated, and thereby constantly spreading and deepening its influence, and augmenting the happiness and value of life to all people of all colors everywhere.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)