Dawkins is an English surname. It is a compound of 'Daw', a common diminutive of 'David' during the Middle Ages, and Kin; literally "the kin of David". It has also been linked with the Keynes family as a derivative name. It may refer to:
- Benjamin C. Dawkins, Jr. (1911–1984), US District Judge in Louisiana
- Benjamin C. Dawkins, Sr. (1881–1966), US District Judge in Louisiana
- Brian Dawkins (born 1973), American football Safety for the Denver Broncos
- Cecil Dawkins (born 1927), North American author, also known for her personal correspondence with Flannery O'Connor
- Sir Clinton Edward Dawkins (1859–1905), British businessman and civil servant
- Darryl Dawkins (born 1957), American basketball player and coach
- Derek Dawkins, English footballer
- Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III aka Aloe Blacc, American soul singer and musician
- Gookie Dawkins (born 1979), baseball player
- James Dawkins (antiquarian) (1722, Jamaica – 6 September 1757, Sutton's Plantation, Jamaica) was a British antiquarian and Jacobite.
- Jimmy Dawkins, Chicago blues musician
- John Sydney "Joe" Dawkins (born 1947), Australian politician, instigator of educational reforms known as the Dawkins Revolution
- John Dawkins, Australian politician, member of South Australian Legislative Council
- Johnny Dawkins (born 1963), American basketball player and coach
- Marian Stamp Dawkins (born 1945), professor of animal behaviour at Oxford, ex-wife of Richard Dawkins
- Marvin Dawkins aka MC Romeo (born 1980), British garage music MC and member of So Solid Crew
- Paul Dawkins (born 1979), American basketball player
- Peter Dawkins:
- Peter Dawkins, writer and founder-director of the Francis Bacon Research Trust
- Peter Dawkins (born 1946), New Zealand record producer and musician
- Peter Miller Dawkins (born 1938) former US Army Brigadier General, Heisman Trophy winner, Rhodes Scholar, and currently vice chairman of Citigroup Private Bank
- Richard Dawkins (born 1941), ethologist, evolutionary biologist, and noted atheist
- Richard MacGillivray Dawkins (1871–1955), British archaeologist
- Sean Dawkins (born 1971), American football player
- William Boyd Dawkins (1837–1929), British geologist and archaeologist
Read more about Dawkins: Fictional Characters
Other articles related to "dawkins":
... for Evolution is a 2009 book by British biologist Richard Dawkins, which was released on 3 September 2009 in the UK and on 22 September 2009 in the U.S ... It sets out the evidence for biological evolution, and is Dawkins's 10th book, following his bestselling critique of religion The God Delusion (2006) and The Ancestor's Tale (2004), which traced human ... An audiobook version has also been released, read by Dawkins and his wife Lalla Ward ...
... the main cast of George Sunday, Janet Dawkins, Piers Crispin, Tyler, Mrs ... Raven, Arnie, Ella Dawkins, Stanley Dawkins and Avril ...
... Simon Jonathan Dawkins (born 1 December 1987) is an English professional footballer currently playing for Tottenham Hotspur ... Dawkins has expressed his desire to play for Jamaica at international level ...
... Lena Dawkins Emmerdale character Portrayed by Lorraine Peters Introduced by Kevin Laffan Duration 1973-76 First appearance 31 December 1973 Last appearance 24 ... Norah Norris had to rush off and left Mrs Dawkins in charge of the shop ... Norah later left and Mrs Dawkins took over the running of Beckindale shop and post office ...
... Jack Dawkins aka The Artful Dodger, in Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist Hugh Dawkins, alter ego of Tasmanian Devil in the DC Comics universe This page or section lists people with the ...