Creation may refer to:
- In religion and philosophy
- Creation ex nihilo, the concept that matter comes "from nothing"
- Creation myth, stories of the supernatural creation of the Earth
- Genesis creation narrative, the biblical account of creation
- In science and technology
- Matter creation, the appearance of elementary particles, in physical processes such as pair production
- In the arts
- Creation (1931 film), a 1931 film that inspired King Kong
- Creation (2009 film), a 2009 film by Jon Amiel about the life of Charles Darwin
- Creation (album), a 2005 album from Leslie Satcher
- Creation (band), a teen musical group, first album 2005
- Creation (Dragonlance), of the world of Krynn, fictional world of Dragonlance
- Creation (novel), a 1981 novel by Gore Vidal
- Creation (William Billings), a hymn tune composed by William Billings
- Creation Records, a record label created in 1983 by Alan McGee
- "Creation", a song by Zion I from Mind Over Matter
- "The Creation of Adam", a section of Michelangelo's fresco Sistine Chapel ceiling painted circa 1511
- The Creation (band), a British band
- The Creation (Haydn), a 1798 oratorio by Joseph Haydn
- La création du monde, a 1923 ballet by Darius Milhaud
- "The Creation," a 1927 poem by James Weldon Johnson, published in God's Trombones: Seven Negro Sermons in Verse
- The Creation: An Appeal To Save Life on Earth, a 2006 book by biologist Edward O. Wilson
- In organizations
- Creation Autosportif, a sports car racing team
- Creation Entertainment, an American company that runs science fiction and fantasy conventions
- Creation Festivals, Christian music festival
- Creation Ministries International, creation science organization
- Creation Museum, an American creation museum
Other articles related to "creation":
... Primordial Beginning" at a time of pre-Creation when the Universe was still null and the cosmos are in disorder manifesting into the first of the Taoist Trinity, Yuanshi Tianzun ... Tiānzūn oversees the earliest phase of Creation of the Universe, and is henceforth known as Dàobăo (道寶) "Treasure of the Tao" ... In the final phase of Creation, Daode Tianzun is manifested from Língbăo Tiānzūn to bring civilization and preach the Law to all living beings ...
... The first creation was for John, 4th son of King Henry IV, who was created Earl of Kendal, Earl of Richmond and Duke of Bedford in 1414 ... The second creation was for John Beaufort, 3rd Earl of Somerset, a grandson of John of Gaunt, who was created Earl of Kendal and Duke of Somerset in 1443 ... The third creation was for Jean de Foix, vicomte de Castillon, who was created Earl of Kendal in 1446 ...
... Bible and Hebrew Torah, the antediluvian period begins with the Creation according to Genesis and ends with the destruction of all life on the earth except those saved with Noah in the Ark ... to Bishop Ussher's 17th century chronology, the antediluvian period lasted for 1648 years, from creation at 4004 BC and the flood at 2348 BC ... some of the best-known stories in the Bible—the Creation itself, Adam and Eve, and Cain and Abel—followed by the genealogies tracing the descendants of Cain and Seth, the third son of Adam and Eve ...
... has "murals on the walls are subdued in tones, and depict scenes representative of the creation of the earth" as recorded in Genesis ... In this room temple patrons "learn about the creation of the world" (Temples," 11) ...
... based render engine called Firefly which supports material nodes for the creation of complex materials ... motion capture data and 3D content for the creation of Poser scenes or the creation of new Poser library items ...
Famous quotes containing the word creation:
“Man is a masterpiece of creation if for no other reason than that, all the weight of evidence for determinism notwithstanding, he believes he has free will.”
—G.C. (Georg Christoph)
“Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle. This is why any authentic creation is a gift to the future.”
—Albert Camus (19131960)
“She sings as the moon sings:
I am I, am I;
The greater grows my lift
The further that I fly.
All creation shivers
With that sweet cry.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)