Conductor or conduction may refer to:
- Electrical conductor, a material allowing the flow of electric charge
- Electrical conduction, the movement of charged particles through an electrical conductor
- Fast ion conductor, a solid-state electrical conductor which conducts due to the movement of ions
- Conduction (heat), the transfer of thermal energy through matter
- Electrical conduction system of the heart
- Conductor, a person who leads a musical ensemble by way of visible gestures known as conducting
- Conductor (album), an album by indie rock band The Comas
- Conduction, a type of structured free improvisation in music notably practiced by Butch Morris
- Conductor (transportation), a person who sells and checks tickets on a bus, train, etc.
- Conductor (architecture), a traditional name for a downspout
- Conductor (Army), a senior Warrant Officer appointment in the Royal Logistic Corps and its predecessors
- Conductor (underground railroad), an operative of the Underground Railroad of the 19th century United States helping move slaves to freedom
- Mr. Conductor, a character in Shining Time Station and in Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Conductor (ring theory), an ideal of a ring that measures how far it is from being integrally closed
- Conductor of an abelian variety, a description of its bad reduction
- Conductor of a Dirichlet character, the natural (smallest) modulus for a character
- Conductor (class field theory), a modulus describing the ramification in an abelian extension of local or global fields
- Artin conductor, an ideal or number associated to a representation of a Galois group of a local or global field
- In the theory of numerical semigroups, the conductor of a numerical semigroup (also called the Frobenius number of the semigroup) is the greatest integer not in the semigroup.
Other articles related to "conductor":
23 September 1972) is a Russian-American conductor and pianist who is the conductor laureate of the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia and the principal guest conductor of the Moscow ...
... Force 1993 Trumpet Concertos - (with English Chamber Orchestra and conductor Jeffrey Tate) 1994 Popular Pieces for Trumpet Organ - (with Wayne Marshall on organ) 1995 ...
... – June 16, 1957) was a Hungarian-born American composer and conductor ... Symphony and New York Symphony, joining the Detroit Symphony in 1920 as an assistant conductor ... eventually assuming the post of principal conductor ...
... long term UK resident in Vietnam is the orchestra's Resident Conductor, Colin Metters serves as Guest Conductor, and Tetsuji Honna is Music Advisor and Conductor ...
... Yardena Arazi – solo singer Moshe Atzmon – conductor Daniel Barenboim – conductor and pianist Rami Bar-Niv - pianist and composer Bart Berman – pianist ...
Famous quotes containing the word conductor:
“I was the conductor of the Underground Railroad for eight years, and I can say what most conductors cant sayI never ran my train off the track and I never lost a passenger.”
—Harriet Tubman (18211913)