Collection or Collections may refer to:
- Collection (abstract data type), the abstract concept of collections in computer science
- Collection of payment, the actions of a creditor seeking to recoup a debt; this may be handled by a Collection agency
- Collection (museum), objects in a particular field forms the core basis for the museum
- Collection (horse), a term referring to the horse carrying more weight on his hindquarters than his forehand
- Collection (Oxford colleges), a beginning-of-term exam or Principal's Collections
- Cash collection, the function of an accounts receivable department
- Collection (racehorse), an Irish-bred, Hong Kong based Thoroughbred racehorse
- The regional executive units of the former HM Customs and Excise (a UK government department, now part of HMRC). e.g. Southern England Collection, South London & Thames Collection
Other articles related to "collection":
... A Fisherman of the Inland Sea is a 1994 collection of short stories and novellas by Ursula K ... The collection was second in the 1995 Locus Award poll in the collection category ...
... Its first museum collection mostly consisted of archaeological and ethnographic items from Native groups in Canada ... In 1896, needing more room for the museum, the collection was transferred to the Toronto Normal School (or Ontario Provincial Museum) under Boyle's care until his death in ... Its collection was later transferred to the Royal Ontario Museum ...
1982 (VHS and Betamax) 1987 (VHS and Betamax) October 28, 1994 (VHS and Laserdisc - Masterpiece Collection) 1995 (Laserdisc - Exclusive Archive Collection) May 2, 2000 (VHS and DVD - Gold Classic ...
... Generated collection, a scale formed by repeatedly adding a constant interval around the chromatic circle Collection class in object-oriented programming The offertory ...
... Released in August 2009, this is a 2-DVD collection which contains episodes about prominent Yankee captains Lou Gehrig, Thurman Munson, Graig Nettles, Ron Guidry, Willie Randolph, Don Mattingly ... Moments Mystique from the 100 Years of the New York Yankees collection ...
Famous quotes containing the word collection:
“Psychobabble is ... a set of repetitive verbal formalities that kills off the very spontaneity, candor, and understanding it pretends to promote. Its an idiom that reduces psychological insight to a collection of standardized observations, that provides a frozen lexicon to deal with an infinite variety of problems.”
—Richard Dean Rosen (b. 1949)
“The Nature of Familiar Letters, written, as it were, to the Moment, while the Heart is agitated by Hopes and Fears, on Events undecided, must plead an Excuse for the Bulk of a Collection of this Kind. Mere Facts and Characters might be comprised in a much smaller Compass: But, would they be equally interesting?”
—Samuel Richardson (16891761)
“Well never know the worth of water till the well go dry.”
—18th-century Scottish proverb, collected in James Kelly, Complete Collection of Scottish Proverbs, no. 351 (1721)