Collection or Collections may refer to:
- Collection (abstract data type), the abstract concept of collections in computer science
- Collection of payment, the actions of a creditor seeking to recoup a debt; this may be handled by a Collection agency
- Collection (museum), objects in a particular field forms the core basis for the museum
- Collection (horse), a term referring to the horse carrying more weight on his hindquarters than his forehand
- Collection (Oxford colleges), a beginning-of-term exam or Principal's Collections
- Cash collection, the function of an accounts receivable department
- Collection (racehorse), an Irish-bred, Hong Kong based Thoroughbred racehorse
- The regional executive units of the former HM Customs and Excise (a UK government department, now part of HMRC). e.g. Southern England Collection, South London & Thames Collection
Other articles related to "collection":
... Its first museum collection mostly consisted of archaeological and ethnographic items from Native groups in Canada ... In 1896, needing more room for the museum, the collection was transferred to the Toronto Normal School (or Ontario Provincial Museum) under Boyle's care until his death in 1911 ... Its collection was later transferred to the Royal Ontario Museum ...
... Released in August 2009, this is a 2-DVD collection which contains episodes about prominent Yankee captains Lou Gehrig, Thurman Munson, Graig Nettles, Ron ... bonus material and episode Moments Mystique from the 100 Years of the New York Yankees collection ...
... A Fisherman of the Inland Sea is a 1994 collection of short stories and novellas by Ursula K ... The collection was second in the 1995 Locus Award poll in the collection category ...
... Generated collection, a scale formed by repeatedly adding a constant interval around the chromatic circle Collection class in object-oriented programming The offertory money ...
... and Betamax) October 28, 1994 (VHS and Laserdisc - Masterpiece Collection) 1995 (Laserdisc - Exclusive Archive Collection) May 2, 2000 (VHS and DVD - Gold ...
Famous quotes containing the word collection:
“The Nature of Familiar Letters, written, as it were, to the Moment, while the Heart is agitated by Hopes and Fears, on Events undecided, must plead an Excuse for the Bulk of a Collection of this Kind. Mere Facts and Characters might be comprised in a much smaller Compass: But, would they be equally interesting?”
—Samuel Richardson (16891761)
“What is all wisdom save a collection of platitudes? Take fifty of our current proverbial sayingsthey are so trite, so threadbare, that we can hardly bring our lips to utter them. None the less they embody the concentrated experience of the race and the man who orders his life according to their teaching cannot go far wrong.”
—Norman Douglas (18681952)
“All urbanization, pushed beyond a certain point, automatically becomes suburbanization.... Every great city is just a collection of suburbs. Its inhabitants ... do not live in their city; they merely inhabit it.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)