Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science offers three M Tech programmes and Ph.D programmes.
The M.Tech. in Computer & information Science is intended to develop Human Resources for System Integration, Data Base Design & Administration, Information Technology Enabled Services, etc. It is a cross migratory programme where any engineering graduate can enroll, with limited entry to post graduates in Science.
- First class ( 60% marks ) or percentage equivalent of GPA in B.E / B.Tech in any discipline or AMIETE / AMIE or in M.Sc Physics with Electronics as special subject or in M.Sc Mathematics .
- A valid GATE score.
M.Tech Software Engineering
The M.Tech in Software Engineering is intended to train Computer Engineers to become Software Engineers and professionals, expected to lead software design and development teams, with good proficiency in testing, verification and validation. Software functionality as well as methodology is given adequate importance in the course content.
- First class B.Sc ( Engg ) or B.Tech degree ( 60% marks ) or percentage equivalent of GPA in Computer Science / Information Technology or AMIETE / AMIE ( CS ) or M.Sc in Computer Science / Computer Software / Operational Research and Computer applications or MCA.
- A valid GATE score or a score in the DAT where GATE qualified candidate are not available
M.Tech Computer Science with Specialization with Embedded Systems(Part Time)
- First Class B.Tech degree in Computer Science & Engineering / Electronics Engg. / Information Technology / Electrical Engg. or equivalent branches or M.C.A with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Industry / University / Institution recognized by appropriate statutory bodies.
The lab has LANs with Windows NT and GNU/Linux servers with Silicon Graphics workstations, and oracle RDBMS server with 15 clients. The department has completed projects funded by agencies like UGC, AICTE, and DST. The department has a library with around 3500 titles and a handful of leading journals.Department also offers MTech Course in Computer Science.
- Research laboratories
The research laboratories have been developed/augmented using the 2007 MHRD grant.
- Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory (HCI Lab)
- Embedded Systems Laboratory (ESL)
- Mobile Computing Lab (MCL)
- Software Engineering Laboratory (SEL)
Other articles related to "department of computer science, of computer science, department, department of, sciences, science, computer science":
... The first point of registration for.de-domains was at the Dortmund University Department of Computer Science ...
... The Department of Computer Science (DCS) offers undergraduate and graduate programs leading to the degree of computer science ... The department started way back in the 1970s when the now defunct Department of Engineering Sciences, Department of Electrical Engineering (both in the College of Engineering) and ... CS in the 1980s led to the creation of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program ...
... The Department of Computer Science, until 2011 named the Computing Laboratory (shortened OUCL or Comlab), is a department of the University of Oxford in England ... The department's research is classified into seven broad themes Computational Biology Foundations, Logic and Structures Information Systems Programming Languages Software Engineering ... For many years, the Department was led by Sir Tony Hoare, who initiated the computer science undergraduate course at Oxford University ...
Famous quotes containing the words department of, science, department and/or computer:
“I believe in women; and in their right to their own best possibilities in every department of life. I believe that the methods of dress practiced among women are a marked hindrance to the realization of these possibilities, and should be scorned or persuaded out of society.”
—Elizabeth Stuart Phelps (18441911)
“Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house.”
—Jules Henri Poincare (18541912)
“All his works might well enough be embraced under the title of one of them, a good specimen brick, On Heroes, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History. Of this department he is the Chief Professor in the Worlds University, and even leaves Plutarch behind.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Family life is not a computer program that runs on its own; it needs continual input from everyone.”
—Neil Kurshan (20th century)